Your question

Computer Buzzing

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computers
Last response: in CPUs
July 19, 2012 11:59:26 PM

hi ,

Recently , my computer has been making buzzing noise under load .

When i Playing a game and simultaneously Listening to music from youtube or something .

the noise isnt coming from the tower its coming from Windows .

My CPU is : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5 Ghz

More about : computer buzzing

July 20, 2012 12:32:13 AM

Tharty said:
hi ,

Recently , my computer has been making buzzing noise under load .

When i Playing a game and simultaneously Listening to music from youtube or something .

the noise isnt coming from the tower its coming from Windows .

My CPU is : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5 Ghz

I understand the noise not coming from the tower, but what do you mean by "its coming from windows?"
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 20, 2012 1:13:31 AM

Do you hear it come from the Computer its self or the speakers? Even LCD's can cause the noise, most of the time thats normal, other times its a sign of something ready to go like a cam on the Mobo or Video card. When you launch a game the makes it buzz, Open the side and slowly stop any moving fan, and see if its a fan causing the buzz.
m
l
Related resources
a c 156 à CPUs
July 20, 2012 1:20:30 AM

It could be alot of things, it could be a wire caught in a fan, coil whine from the video card, the LCD monitor, speakers and the list can go on. To get a better idea of what can be causing it is to try to pin point as best as possible exactly where the sound is coming from.
m
l
July 20, 2012 10:45:40 AM

its not a wire caught in the fan but what i was meaning its coming from windows is that i am hearing it from my headset , its coming from the headset!
m
l
July 25, 2012 4:20:02 AM

He means it isn't caused by a physical issue but by a software issue.
What sort of sound card do you have, if any?
m
l