Computer Buzzing

hi ,

Recently , my computer has been making buzzing noise under load .

When i Playing a game and simultaneously Listening to music from youtube or something .

the noise isnt coming from the tower its coming from Windows .

My CPU is : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5 Ghz
5 answers Last reply
More about computer buzzing
  1. Tharty said:
    hi ,

Recently , my computer has been making buzzing noise under load .

When i Playing a game and simultaneously Listening to music from youtube or something .

the noise isnt coming from the tower its coming from Windows .

My CPU is : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5 Ghz

I understand the noise not coming from the tower, but what do you mean by "its coming from windows?"
  2. Do you hear it come from the Computer its self or the speakers? Even LCD's can cause the noise, most of the time thats normal, other times its a sign of something ready to go like a cam on the Mobo or Video card. When you launch a game the makes it buzz, Open the side and slowly stop any moving fan, and see if its a fan causing the buzz.
  3. It could be alot of things, it could be a wire caught in a fan, coil whine from the video card, the LCD monitor, speakers and the list can go on. To get a better idea of what can be causing it is to try to pin point as best as possible exactly where the sound is coming from.
  4. its not a wire caught in the fan but what i was meaning its coming from windows is that i am hearing it from my headset , its coming from the headset!
  5. He means it isn't caused by a physical issue but by a software issue.
    What sort of sound card do you have, if any?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers