Z77 Asus WiFi Go Question

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Asus
  • WiFi
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 6, 2012 10:18:22 PM

Ok, probably a really stupid question, perhaps such a stupid question Asus doesn't even bother including it in their marketing materials.... I'm looking at the WiFi Go cards on the z77 chipset Asus boards that are hitting the market soon/now and I have a really basic question.

Do I still need to buy a wireless card or will the motherboard's WiFi Go manage establishing connectivity to my home wireless network.

I see alot of marketing material about connecting to phone, making it a router, but does it also replace a wifi card?

More about : z77 asus wifi question

Best solution

April 6, 2012 11:06:53 PM

What motherboard were you thinking of getting?

The P8Z77-V, P8Z77-V PRO and P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboards have onboard WiFi. The wireless antenna is on the rear panel.

So to answer your question: yes, it does replace the WiFi card, and no you won't have to buy a separate wireless card :) 
You'll just have to install the WiFi drivers and it will work like a charm :) 
April 7, 2012 1:26:39 AM

Best answer selected by rvanecek.
m
l
April 7, 2012 1:27:24 AM

quicksand10 said:
What motherboard were you thinking of getting?

The P8Z77-V, P8Z77-V PRO and P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboards have onboard WiFi. The wireless antenna is on the rear panel.

So to answer your question: yes, it does replace the WiFi card, and no you won't have to buy a separate wireless card :) 
You'll just have to install the WiFi drivers and it will work like a charm :) 

Thanks, that's the answer I was hoping for.
m
l
May 20, 2012 12:15:33 PM

I have that board it comes off the board you need to put it in. Better idea to put it in the board before you put the board in your case. I can't seem to put that card in with the board in my case. Afraid to brake the pins.
m
l
May 20, 2012 12:31:56 PM

Do I need to remove the motherboard out of the case before putting in that wifi card. Whats the best way to put it in?
m
l
September 4, 2012 3:48:23 AM

dyno_05 said:
Do I need to remove the motherboard out of the case before putting in that wifi card. Whats the best way to put it in?

m
l
!