Sign in with
Your question

Building a system

Last response: in Components
July 20, 2012 12:39:02 AM

Hi all,

I am looking for some help on building my new PC, specifically whether the components i have chosen are ok. Most of you guys seem to know what you are talking about so i would appreciate any response :) 

I have never built a PC before due to mainly being a console gamer however there are now too many games i'd like to play on PC and have decided to fork out some cash on a new system and sell my crappy laptop. I would build it myself but i have very limited knowledge of computer parts and how to construct a PC so i have opted to build the PC through a website which will put it all together for me (Yes i know this costs more but i really don't know what i'm doing)

Anyways without rambling on, here is a list of the main components i have put together on 'computerplanet.co.uk';

CPU = Intel i5 2500K - (4 x 3.3 GHZ) - Sandy Bridge
CPU Heatsink = Corsair Hydro Series H60 V2 (Advanced Liquid Cooling)
Memory = Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (2x4GB) (DDR3)
Graphics Card = ATI Radeon HD 7970 - 3 GB - (PCI-E)
Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H (Intel Z77) - VGA/DVI/HDMI
Sound Card = Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (PCI-E)
Networking = Edimax Wireless LAN 300Mbps (USB)
Power Supply = Cooler Master 750W PSU
CPU Compound = Standard CPU Compound Supplied With Heatsink
Hard Drive = 1 TB SATA-III HDD 7200 RPM 32MB
Optical Drive = Samsung 22x DVD Re-Writer/Reader /- RW- Black - (SATA)

Basically i want to know if this system will be good enough to play most current games like Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, Metro etc and also the new upcoming versions like crysis 3 and metro: last light

The website tells me all these components are compatible but i have no idea really. is that the right power supply? do i need to have the liquid cooling? or will the bog standard cooler be efficient? The case does have three fans in it also if that makes any difference

Anyways if any of you guys can help me out and let me know if this system is good enough/give me any recommendations or advice regarding changes i should make then that would be fantastic :) 

More about : building system

July 20, 2012 12:47:39 AM

The PSU check it with the motherboards specs. I like your setup. I would change then hard drive with a SSD or SATA there more efficient.
!