Sign in with
Your question

Building an Affordable Power MACHINE (Budget $1000 - $1200)

Last response: in Systems
April 6, 2012 11:27:57 PM

It hard to keep up with all the advance in PC Hardware. I am going to ask a question that has been asked before here, but re-asking to get the most current response.

1) Can anyone recommend a good place that can custom build a PC for me?
2) Xeon or i7-2600 or i7-3930. I honestly do not know the differences except these are the most talked about
3) What type of motherboard? I need a good motherboard that has available slots.
4) What type of fan
5) A great video card that can allow me to have 3 monitors
6) What about HD tuner. There are so many out there. Is there advantage of external vs internal?
7) Sold State Drive... any recommendations?
8) RAM... any recommendations
9) What is a good WiFi and network card?

This machine is going to be used for, personal business, video and graphics editing.

Something else to consider....
Is it worth it to have a a machine with dual processers? is it even possible to have a motherboard that can have 2 processors but only have 1 processor for the time being and the second later?
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2012 11:38:25 PM

cosman said:
It hard to keep up with all the advance in PC Hardware. I am going to ask a question that has been asked before here, but re-asking to get the most current response.

1) Can anyone recommend a good place that can custom build a PC for me?
2) Xeon or i7-2600 or i7-3930. I honestly do not know the differences except these are the most talked about
3) What type of motherboard? I need a good motherboard that has available slots.
4) What type of fan
5) A great video card that can allow me to have 3 monitors
6) What about HD tuner. There are so many out there. Is there advantage of external vs internal?
7) Sold State Drive... any recommendations?
8) RAM... any recommendations
9) What is a good WiFi and network card?

This machine is going to be used for, personal business, video and graphics editing.

Something else to consider....
Is it worth it to have a a machine with dual processers? is it even possible to have a motherboard that can have 2 processors but only have 1 processor for the time being and the second later?

What's your main purpose? Gaming? Workstation?
m
l
April 7, 2012 8:12:38 AM

gary1 said:
What's your main purpose? Gaming? Workstation?

Workstatio for graphic, video and multimedia
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
April 7, 2012 8:19:47 AM

If you state your budget, people will build you the best computer for your money and purpose.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2012 8:21:25 AM

cosman said:
Workstatio for graphic, video and multimedia

LOL sorry, didn't see that in original post. What's your budget?
m
l
April 7, 2012 3:38:09 PM

I dont want to make my choice based on budget alone. Also, for some things such as processor maybe its worth it to spend $500 on it and sacrifice other components.

So I think I want to know all my options and make an informed decision.

I want to know what the Rolls Royce Cost is vs. the benz vs. the Cadillac, vs the Toyota.

m
l
!