Windows 7 parking program

helpfish

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Hello,
I was working on a program when win7 parked the cpu on which it was running. now i see the tools for the program but I can't get the actual working section of it even though everything says it is running. any thought?

helpfish

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

Thanks Brett for your answer.
If you start the Task Manager in Windows 7, click on the PERFORMANCE tab, then click on RESOURCE MONITOR, at the bottom of the screen, you should see a window that shows the processes on the left and the cpus on the right. You may see some of the cpus are parked (not my term, but theirs). It's MicroS(etc)'s idea of saving power.
Fine and good except that I cannot retrieve the process that was running when cpu 1 was parked. I could try running Intelburn and see if they all come on, but I'd rather not try to solve this in such an indirect way. I am bummed as I use that particular program (the one whose process seems to be hijacked) a lot.

helpfish

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
what exactly happened: I was working with the program, I left it running on one monitor while I opened a youtube video on the other monitor. I saw the program just disappear, though the tools and brushes stayed on the screen. Upon checking Task Mgr, I found the program status to be 'working', but nothing was visible on the screen (except as mentioned above). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and I get the same result: no menu bar, no working area. Only tools and brushes.
What else can I tell you?