Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Tubes for h100

Last response: in Components
July 20, 2012 8:32:49 AM

I was planning to buy an h100 and i was wanting to change the tubes what size should i get ?

also where can i find tubes, because i have been looking and cannot find a place that sells them.

thanks.

More about : tubes h100

July 20, 2012 8:06:43 PM

8connor said:
I was planning to buy an h100 and i was wanting to change the tubes what size should i get ?

also where can i find tubes, because i have been looking and cannot find a place that sells them.

The H100 is a single sealed unit. If you go cutting it up you will lose the advantage of it being a sealed unit and increase the risk of leaks and malfunction of the unit. If you want to make a custom water cooling unit, there are several kits out there that will you to begin creating the custom loop you want. IMO its not worth buying a H100 to change the tubes, what are your goals?

thanks.

m
l
July 20, 2012 8:17:39 PM

well i was just wanting to replace them with better color tubes, i asked this question before but didnt get a straight answer. the other person on my other question said they did it and that it is possible but i didnt know what size or anything. my only problem with makeing a custom unit is that it will be alot more expensive and i might mess up or not do it right.

but i also dont want it to leak on my system...
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

July 20, 2012 8:46:53 PM

As SaintJah says, better to get a full water loop and then get colored tubes for that. If you have the H100 already and are dead set on attempting that (IMO a bad choice), there are sites and videos that explain modding the Corsair H-series coolers.
Good luck with that

Water kits can be found for as little as $130 but I would suggest the XSPC Rasa 750 RX240 here for $170 - the Rasa water block is very good and the thicker dual 120 rad system works well
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14182/ex-wat-181/XSPC...
Installation of full water is no harder than an All-in-one, just a few more parts. I would suggest you read the stickies on water cooling - the risks of damaging mistakes is minimal - about the same as an all-in-one I'd say.
July 20, 2012 8:56:39 PM

wow, didnt know they ran that cheep! i am actually thinking about it. because i have not bought the h100 yet. thanks for all your help guys/girls :) !
m
l
July 20, 2012 9:27:35 PM

8connor said:
oh and one last thing http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14182/ex-wat-181/XSPC... on this should i get the air box or anything it asks for at the part when your going to add to cart

Nope, the kit comes with all the fittings, tubing, CPU waterblock, pump/res, clamps needed. There are even mounting brackets for if you choose to do an exterior mount. All is there. I've never used (or seen in action) the airbox but personally don't see the need.
I wouldn't purchase additives either - distilled water and a silver "kill coil" (a free add-on already) are the only things recommended to use in the system - stickies explain all that.
m
l
July 20, 2012 9:31:11 PM

Best answer selected by 8connor.
m
l
July 20, 2012 9:31:22 PM

ok thanks, im just gunna get dif color tubes. :)  thanks alot.
m
l
!