FX-8150 loud and high temperatures

owizz

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Hello,
Yesterday i got my 8150. It is realy loud and temperatures are realy high. I ran stress test and temps was 80 and getting higher. Fans only goes quiet when cpu load is about 8 percent. what to do guys shall i go show it to warranty guys or shall i buy a new fan?

The stock cooler tends to get loud on the FX-8120/8150 your best bet would be to get a good aftermarket cooler. For mine I choose to get a XSPC 750 RS240 water cooling kit. Even with four 120mm fans in a push/pull it is still quieter than the stock cooler. Running at 4ghz with a 20x multiplier my temps are at 29c idle and have not gone over 35c full load.

A friend of mine build the same system but got a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065 and has had really good results with it and at $29.99 it is a good price and is still quieter than the stock cooler.

Just a loud fan, fans move air and anything that moves air makes noise. If you want it to be less noisy then buy a better cooler. Not hard to install even if there be a learning curve it is worth an hour or so of trouble and effort.