hi ive recently brought a faulty xbox as i repair them but with this one i
have not come across this fault, when you turn it on it powers up but get
no
sound or visual all cables have been tested and changed with this the cd
drawer will not open there are no signs of damage to the mother board, but
at the same time it does come on sometimes now & again and powers up fine
cd
tray opens and close's but get a service message on screen any chance of
someone putting any light on this situation plz help contact
green-x@tiscali.co.uk cheers

I got somethin similar I swapped the DVD drive but it didn't help and it
turned out to be the hardrive.

"terry longmore via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in message
> hi ive recently brought a faulty xbox as i repair them but with this one i
> have not come across this fault, when you turn it on it powers up but get
> no
> sound or visual all cables have been tested and changed with this the cd
> drawer will not open there are no signs of damage to the mother board, but
> at the same time it does come on sometimes now & again and powers up fine
> cd
> tray opens and close's but get a service message on screen any chance of
> someone putting any light on this situation plz help contact
> green-x@tiscali.co.uk cheers

unkn2232324

Sounds like a hard drive issue. Check IDE cables for a good tight fit in all
interfaces.