Sign in with
Your question

Laptop Cpu Upgrade

Last response: in CPUs
July 20, 2012 12:15:19 PM

Can a s1g3 cpu work in a s1g2 motherboard? (Turion X2 Ultra replaced with the Turion II X2) My laptop is a Compaq CQ60-210US and has a modded BIOS. Did anyone ever attempt this? I would really want a more power effecient processor in my laptop.

More about : laptop cpu upgrade

a b à CPUs
July 20, 2012 12:29:45 PM

As far as I am concerned you cannot change a laptop's cpu since it is an on board chipset. The only thing you can do is to change the whole motherboard platform which is a bit of craziness to do :p 

Hope this helps!
m
l
July 20, 2012 12:38:06 PM

Gate9er said:
As far as I am concerned you cannot change a laptop's cpu since it is an on board chipset. The only thing you can do is to change the whole motherboard platform which is a bit of craziness to do :p 

Hope this helps!

Weird, My laptop originally came with an AMD Athlon Ql-62 and then I upgraded to an AMD Turion Ultra X2 ZM-85. I was aware of some people, that got the AMD Turion II's (S1G3 CPU) to work on older S1G2 motherboards.
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 20, 2012 2:39:16 PM

Well if this is the case then I cannot say much else.. The best thing you can do is to sent an email straight to compaq with your enquiry. They will be able to help you the most!

Thanks
m
l
!