BoozeClues

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Solution
Destop is the best choice

because it has more apgradiblity and a better future.

It can overclock without getting hot.

It runs cool.

It is way more powerful.

Its costefficient.

My suggestion will be

intel i5 2500k
asrock z68 extreme3 gen3
cm hyper 212 evo
corsair vengence 2x4gb 1600mhz low profile ddr3 ram
sapphire hd 7850 ghz edition
crucial m4 64gb ssd
wd carvier blue 500gb hdd
corsair 500r white case
asus 24x dvd writer
pc power and cooling silencer mkii 750w 80+ silver psu

Asus 23" full hd led monitor

serialkiller

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Destop is the best choice

because it has more apgradiblity and a better future.

It can overclock without getting hot.

It runs cool.

It is way more powerful.

Its costefficient.

My suggestion will be

intel i5 2500k
asrock z68 extreme3 gen3
cm hyper 212 evo
corsair vengence 2x4gb 1600mhz low profile ddr3 ram
sapphire hd 7850 ghz edition
crucial m4 64gb ssd
wd carvier blue 500gb hdd
corsair 500r white case
asus 24x dvd writer
pc power and cooling silencer mkii 750w 80+ silver psu

Asus 23" full hd led monitor

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
Really need to know what the uses are for this computer. If you're looking to do some gaming on the computer (based on your video card selections, I'm guessing you are), then you'll definitely want to go with a desktop.

One thing about serialkiller's build is that it only has a DVD drive, whereas the laptop you linked has a blu-ray drive. Your build doesn't list one at all. If blu-ray playback is a requirement, then I'd make that change and go with something like serialkiller's build.

-Wolf sends

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

Not a true statement. The 560m is a more than capable platform for generating sufficient framerates in games on high or better settings:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-560M.48313.0.html

Laptops suck for gaming is no longer a fair statement. Mobile GPUs have come a long way. I shared this view and got a laptop as a backup. My opinion has since changed and I now use it as my primary gaming system. My desktop may crank out 100+ FPS (in let's say SW:TOR or Skyrim) and my laptop (6870m) only 55+ FPS, but there is no perceivable difference during gameplay. Both provide similar actual play experience on high settings.

Both my desktop and laptop are great platofrms for gaming, each with their own weaknesses. Desktop, I am chained to may desk (great for when I am at home). Mobile, I can take it with me and have near the same pleasurable gaming experience (great for travel, office use, LAN parties, dorm room, etc).

Wolfshadw

Titan
@po1nted - I never said, "Laptops suck for gaming". However, I will say laptops suck for upgrading. I'm well aware that the 560m is very capable, but in the long run, does the OP (or you) want to drop another $1400 on a replacement gaming laptop or $400 on a new graphics card?

My old system, based on the ASRock 939Dual-SATAII and AMD Athlon X2-4800+ took everything from a Radeon 9200 to a GeForce 7800GS to an X1800XL All-In-Wonder to a Geforce 8800GTS-640. That same 8800GTS-640 currently resides in my current system (not much of a gamer these days). You just can't do that with a laptop, so I stand by my statement, If you're looking to game, go with a desktop.

-Wolf sends