How to Remove Rubber Case Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul7799

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hello, my current case is an Apevia X-Master HTPC case, but it can be stood vertically.

Here's a link: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144231
X-Master-BK-500-1_500.jpg

Anyways, I currently have it lying horizontally, but I want to stand it up vertically now instead. To do this, I just simply need to remove the rubber feet from the current bottom, turn it on it's side, and then glue them to the new bottom.

I am simply seeking any tips, or experience any of you may have in this matter. What's the best way to do it? Just pull? Also, when I go to re-apply the feet, will hot glue be sufficient? (gravity will be holding it down anyway, so I don't imagine I need ultra-high industrial grade glue.

Also, bear in mind, I would prefer to just simply remove the feet and reapply them without having to remove any components from my case (although I can take off the side panel that currently has the feet attached, if I find I need the room to work on it, or if I need to move it somewhere.

Solution

Remove all what ever u feel like so u can have easy way to do it.

How long? U can heat it for 3-4min and than than continue to apply the pressure on the heated rubber and it should start to come off.

Than use the alcohol and some cloth...

paul7799

Honorable
May 13, 2012
OK thanks! And so I imagine I should probably take off the side panel that has the feet on it if I'm going to be applying any alcohol right? Because obviously I'm not going to splash it on everywhere (just in the centralized location of where the feet were) but better safe than sorry right?

Also, approximately how long should I heat it for? just keep the hair dryer on it and then slowly try and move it?
Finally, as I mentioned in my first post, will standard hot glue work for the re-application?

Remove all what ever u feel like so u can have easy way to do it.

How long? U can heat it for 3-4min and than than continue to apply the pressure on the heated rubber and it should start to come off.

Than use the alcohol and some cloth to clean it off.

Should take u no more than 10min.

It will come off easier, if it is hot, that residue, that is.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.