Sign in with
Your question

AMD vs Intel

Last response: in CPUs
July 20, 2012 3:04:01 PM

It has become obvious to me that Intel out performs AMD everywhere. I do not care about OC'ing. To me it's nothing but a numbers game. I see too many posts of people having all kinds of problems that I have NEVER seen. I run my stuff in EZ mode. wtf is that...you ask ? STOCK SETTINGS ! ! ! I just want to kick people's asses in on-line death matches and my PC seem so slow. ould it benefit me to start over with an Intel based PC to kick people's asses?

More about : amd intel

July 20, 2012 3:06:06 PM

first off, with a title like that, you might start a flame war

but the main thing we need is your budget, how much are you willing to spend on "kicking peoples butts" ?
m
l
a c 83 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
July 20, 2012 3:12:00 PM

title and OP reeks of flamebait. no offense.
i suggest you re-word your thread title and opening post, provide your current specs and your requirements in details. 'kicking people's asses' does not explain anything.
if you're looking for a decent cpu to build a pc for online gaming, core i5 2500k and core i5 3570k are two good starting points imo. you'll need to provide budget as well. even if you do not overclock, the i5 2500k would serve well.
edit: your config (if that's the one you're using right now) seems to have enough cpu and gfx power for online gaming.
m
l
Related resources
July 20, 2012 3:12:13 PM

what ever it takes to have a really fast PC
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:18:28 PM

If kicking people's asses is your primary goal, instead of purchasing a stronger CPU, I would suggest choosing a game marketed towards younger audiences. These games will have a much less competitive and skilled playerbase, allowing you to roflstomp other players with ease. If you invest several hours a day to these games, you will top the highscore charts with ease. I hope this information helps, and I will see you on Habbo Hotel.
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:22:12 PM

for some reason you don't seem 54 years old
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:25:00 PM

my title and them numbers is nothin' but my initials and the last four of my home address...as far as kicking people's asses goes ? I just feel slow. I see other people screaming through scenes, etc. etc. I know it has alot to do with ping and your internet provider. Regaedless, after seeing the CPU comparison charts on this web site it's obvious to me that Intel wins. I just wanted opinions and I thank you all.
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:29:40 PM

Oh yeah. I'm 54. First PC in 2000. Gateway. 2nd PC e-Machine 2007. This PC....my first build, 2010. I'm now wishing I went Intel....sorry AMD fans
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:35:31 PM

What is your current build right now, what kinds of games do you play, and what resolution/graphics settings do you want to play them at? Maybe we can suggest a few upgrade options.
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:48:11 PM

Chairman Ray said:
What is your current build right now, what kinds of games do you play, and what resolution/graphics settings do you want to play them at? Maybe we can suggest a few upgrade options.

AMD XII 965 BE Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UDH3 2X ATI 5850's WD640 sata 3 hdd 12 gigs G-Skill at 1600 mhz 650 watt PS
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:53:18 PM

tjc1937 said:
AMD XII 965 BE Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UDH3 2X ATI 5850's WD640 sata 3 hdd 12 gigs G-Skill at 1600 mhz 650 watt PS

That's a fairly strong setup you have right now.

What games are you playing right now and what graphics settings are you playing at? Also, what kind of slowness are you experiencing? Is it lag? Choppiness?
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:58:23 PM

HL 2 Deathmatch 1920X1080 I seem to be experiencing a lack of hits registering. Probably my internt connection ?
m
l
July 20, 2012 4:00:55 PM

Yes bad hit registers are due to your internet connection, upgrading your pc wouldn't be able to fix that, the only thing that I'd recommend if you feel the urge to buy something, is buying an ssd
m
l
July 20, 2012 4:05:04 PM

Your internet download/upload speed should not matter as long as you have enough. Your ping however may be a factor. What's your ping to the HL2 server?
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 20, 2012 4:31:27 PM

lol ill put it this way .. lately im pretty depressed with amd .. my next build will be intel ..how ever with that said .. in games like bf3 or other fps games .. it really comes down to skill i can own someone with a 3k computer just as well as some one with a budget gaming rig would .. if all you care about is your score and your ratings .. only thing that matters is skill .. people seem to forget about this .. sure the 3k gaming system is going to have the better image but the guy with the buget gaming system could also have better skills .. i wont buy an intel just to get that extra 10 to 15 fps because my human eyes cant tell the difference of weather its running at 1xx fps or 61fps .. just saying ..

you spend a tonne of money on a system and you want the best but it must suck to get powned by some dude rocking a budget amd rig.. lol
m
l
July 20, 2012 4:35:49 PM

hmm @goodguy even though that is all true, I don't think that comment was totally necessary for his question XD all he wants to do is have a smooth gaming experience, he didn't say he wants to be a better gamer by spending money :p 
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
July 20, 2012 6:47:13 PM

wr6133 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-486-SX25-CPU-Processor-...

You totally need one of these, Intel quality great price will allow you to totally PWN all deathmatches!

Absolutely, Intel 486s totally pwn Phenom IIs. They really are that lousy for gaming! I cannot stand that I only get 75FPS in MW3 multiplayer, 60 in Crysis 2!
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 20, 2012 7:10:13 PM

wr6133 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-486-SX25-CPU-Processor-...

You totally need one of these, Intel quality great price will allow you to totally PWN all deathmatches!

With a DX maybe, but not an SX =P

Seriously, OP what type of internet connection do you have? Speed? Like other posters have stated, this is definitely where you should be looking. Your rig is more than enough to compete on the web. Your skills....well...that's something you will just have to work on.
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
July 20, 2012 7:14:44 PM

LOL, I find this thread amusing. I've seen some wild ones before, but I've never seen anyone try to say buying AMD is the reason they suck at gaming.
m
l
a c 109 à CPUs
July 20, 2012 7:40:16 PM

nekulturny said:
LOL, I find this thread amusing. I've seen some wild ones before, but I've never seen anyone try to say buying AMD is the reason they suck at gaming.

+9001
:lol:  :D  :na: 
m
l
July 20, 2012 7:46:43 PM

*Tip toes in*

*Kneels down*

*Lights the fuse*

AMD MAKE THE BEST PROCESSORS IN THE WORLD

*Runs away*

jkjk
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 20, 2012 7:59:49 PM

nekulturny said:
Absolutely, Intel 486s totally pwn Phenom IIs. They really are that lousy for gaming! I cannot stand that I only get 75FPS in MW3 multiplayer, 60 in Crysis 2!

75FPS!!!!!! ZOMG !!!!!!! Like how can you totally live with that stuff only 75FPS on a 60Hz monitor? My god that must be so awful and horrible ..... see AMD are just every form of evil known to man!
m
l
July 23, 2012 1:48:29 AM

i'l probably get told that im worng for this but when i went from my e4600 to my i7 3770 my ping did drop from about 110 to 85, with no connection changes
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 23, 2012 2:02:53 AM

Well as an unofficial AMD defender, I was gonna come in here and put my thing down......but Im not really sure what this thread is about. :heink: 
m
l
July 23, 2012 12:41:34 PM

axe1592 said:
Well as an unofficial AMD defender, I was gonna come in here and put my thing down......but Im not really sure what this thread is about. :heink: 

I shut off AMD Cool and Quiet....upped the clocks and Northbridge....3.9 ghz CPU and 1680 mhz on RAM....cpu never gets warmer than 53 DEG Cent.
It is way better than 3.4 at 1600 with cool and quiet enabled.
m
l
July 23, 2012 12:46:18 PM

mocchan said:
+9001
:lol:  :D  :na: 

I only created this thread because Tom's had AMD way down the charts against Intel. I have never had one problem ever with AMD. I shut off cool and quiet and upped CPU to 3.9 ghz...ram = 1680 mghz. Runs WAY better than stock settings. Seems as though my internet connection is the bigger problem...
m
l
July 23, 2012 12:49:16 PM

nekulturny said:

It's all good. I shut off AMD Cool and Quiet upped the CPU to 3.9 ghz and the ram to 1680 mhz. So much better. Still wish I had better internet but Comcast charges more and more for increased bandwidth. Glad I was able to amuse you.
m
l
July 23, 2012 1:07:27 PM

I'll give it a try....the "experts" on over clocking sites say to shut it off....I'll turn it back on....I know it works that way, too. Thank You
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 29, 2012 3:14:32 AM

LOL! OCN. I tried posting on there for a couple years but got tired of getting warnings for the most ridiculous things. Finally just had to leave. Just way over moderated.

As for Cool and Quiet, I say leave it off. When youre trying for the highest possible overclock, you dont want things screwing with the clock.
m
l
!