How does one become a moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
You must be a pro at CS:S to become a TH mod, im only joking.

Just post responsibly, stay on topic, make others aware of the rules if they seem "miss informed". Even if you don't become a mod, it makes for a nice community. =P

When it's decided that we need additional moderators, the current moderator team makes recommendations of the members who we feel have been frequent posters, courteous, knowledgeable, and just show how to be a good forum member.

That remind me of a user "SCAMPC" a.k.a "Scam PC"

No one wants to help him because of his name. But it turns out it is a real PC store in Australia.

Sxxxx's Computer And Mobile Phone Centre

I censored out the name (or else I will be advertising for them).

So yes, I think a bad user name can damage your reputation.

So, it is not? I often wonder about some of the usernames I see here.

What they're not telling you is that perfect spelling is 90% of the qualification. "requierements?" oops, you're in the circular file now.

That's the origin of the name and I've been using it since 2003 so I may have coined the phrase from the original, Lager Lout - They were youngsters who behaved badly from the inabliity to hold their light, Czeck beer and also from the name Saga - the travel company in the UK which builds tours for older folk - the 55 upwards, into which I just scrape by an extra ten years. I don't drink and normally behave fairly well :D but as handles go arond here, it isn't quite the most stupid.

The other original saga louts from that article you linked are struggling with their shrinking pensions so they've probably calmed down a bit. I get a State Pensionand continue to work so I'm lucky enought to be suriving the slump better than most.

I, too, joined the ranks of retired last year, across the pond from you. Like you I haven't been drinking much - mostly at the pool adult nights and, of course a little on New Year's Eve. Way too much of my income has been spent keeping the boat gas tank filled for fishing trips (but I have been thinking about upgrading my computer systems).

Cheers to you Saga Lout!

Status
Not open for further replies.