task manager processes?

Which processes are needed and which are not needed when running winxp?
I have 42 running right now, and would like to eliminate some if I can, and
find out if any are trojans or viruses that aren't caught with the
antivirus.
Thanks to all.
spun_ky@REMOVETHISyahoo.com
1 answer Last reply
More about task manager processes

    Services Guide for Windows XP
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

    Default settings for services
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sys_srv_default_settings.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "70's" wrote:

    | Which processes are needed and which are not needed when running winxp?
    | I have 42 running right now, and would like to eliminate some if I can, and
    | find out if any are trojans or viruses that aren't caught with the
    | antivirus.
    | Thanks to all.

Configuration Task Manager Customization Microsoft Windows XP