HamishD

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hi

I have just built a brand new machine two weeks ago and today it has developed a problem. I am getting no signal from my Gigabyte GTX 560 GV-N56GSO-1GI Super Overclock.

Everything is connected properly and I have tried a DVI-D to DVI-D connector to my monitor in place of a DVI-H to serial (D-SUB).

My graphics card is plugged into a new GA-Z68AP-D3 Motherboard and I have a Coolermaster 560w power supply.

I am getting a black screen from the second I turn on the machine and this is a new problem as the machine was running perfectly yesterday. There is definately no problem with the monitor as I have tried it in the machine from which I am typing this request.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hay Hamish i Specialize in Graphics and Displays, the problem could be bad display ports on your card. make sure the card is also plugged in good to the PCI Express Slot. Your PSu should atleast be enough to power on and get to windows.

HamishD

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
I am afraid I do not have a known working PSU to hand, I should have added that the machine boots to windows fine (despite the fact I cannot see anything) I can tell this as the sounds play and I can shut it down by pressing the power switch.

Would this indicate that there is not a problem with the PSU?

HamishD

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012

Annonymous1

I have tried my old radeon 4870 in place of the GTX 560 and my display is working fine. Now that I could see I disabled my onboard graphics drivers (as per the manuals suggestion) I also prioritised the use of the PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard and also I disabled the onboard graphics in BIOS.

I then swapped the new card back in and I was back to having no signal to my display. I have therefore reached the conclusion that there is a fault on my new card. Unless anyone has any further ideas I will have to return the card and get a replacement.

chanshin

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
I was wondering what is the status of your video card issue. We are in very similar situations as I built a new computer for almost 3 weeks. I was running games perfectly then only recently did it start to not load a video signal on startup and it is just doing it more and more often. I have a Gigabyte GTX 560 TI 1GB and Asus PZ68 motherboard. I dont think its my PSU as its a Corsair GS600.

I'm guessing it's your card, in all the problem posts that I've seen concerning GTX560Ti's the Gigabyte cards seem to feature an awful lot.

That depends on who you ask, for instance there are some who say that Palit cards are crap and that they fail really quickly but I've got a pair that are still going strong after almost a year.

cokencan

Honorable
May 22, 2012

same problem here, i have gigabyte gtx 560 ti and gigabyte 970a-d3, cooler master extreme 600w,.. worked fine in few days, then started no signal, now i can tell if its no signal without even looking at the monitor, becoz of the sound of the fans on card are loud, a few restart can fix it, but in a long run, few restart every time i open my pc is not cool at all,