Sign in with
Your question

TDP and processor help.

Last response: in CPUs
July 20, 2012 6:14:15 PM

I have been looking into upgrading my computer so I can play games on it better. I found a video card and a new power supply. But the only thing that seems to be holding me back is my processor. I wanted to upgrade my processor so I could get more Ghz. But I cannot find anything for a TDP of 22W.

Is there anything I can do to change that?

Also I'm new to all this. This is my first time trying to upgrade anything. Recently, a game that I loved playing has gotten very slow to play. At first it was running fine until I added an expansion to it. After looking into the problem when it first started, I found out I needed a new video card, AND a better processor because my Ghz just wasn't doing it.

So I am a newbie at this, but I'm really trying hard to get the right information so I can upgrade my computer.

My computer Specifications:

HP Pavilion All-In-One MS225 Desktop PC

64 bit

Hardware
Base processor
Athlonll X2 250u (R) 1.6 GHz (25W)

2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
Socket AM32

Chipset
AMD m780G
Motherboard

Manufacturer: Quanta
Motherboard Name: CapironaD

Power supply

90W (100V-240V)

Socket type: AM2

TDP: 22W

Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3xxxe (Brisbane)
AMD Athlon X2 6xxxe (Brisbane)

I need to add more just tell me, and I'll see if I can find it.

More about : tdp processor

July 20, 2012 6:19:08 PM

hmm mate it looks like you pc has reached the end of it's road, I'm saying this because to do any upgrades

1.) You will have to upgrade your Power supply
2.) Modern processors are cheaper than AM2 socket processors
3.) You''d need a new motherboard as well :/ 
and
4.) The graphics card like you said

If you do decide to buy/build (building is much better) your own pc, we'll be glad to help

If you only want a graphics card, you'll have to upgrade your psu like I said
m
l
a c 80 à CPUs
a c 79 U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 6:30:19 PM

from hp website:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...
from the specs and motherboard layouts, it looks like you need a mxm gfx card.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_PCI_Express_Module
if you want to upgrade your graphics horse power, you'd need one of those.

imo that could turn out to be more hassle than it's worth. because, as you might have realized it already, your cpu's performance will get in the way and you need a stronger graphics upgrade. in that case, a new build would be better. save up some money, get your requirements (gaming/basic use/video editing etc), set a budget and get started. ask in the system section (of the forums) if you need further help.
m
l
July 20, 2012 6:55:37 PM

Thank you guy for being honest with me. I had a feeling last night that there wasn't much I could for my computer. But I appreciate your honesty. I'll looking into building my own pc like you two said. I've heard quite a lot of people speak positively of it.
m
l
!