Any quick ways to date stamp the Back my Photo's?

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 16, 2005 4:20:17 PM

I would like to have the approximate date photos were printed on the
back of
my digital prints. I tried using a ink date stamp but that made a
big
sticky mess. Anyone have quick method of printing the date on the
back?
Anyone try putting them in the printer and printing the date on the
pictures, or any other method? Thanks.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:05:19 PM

On 16 Jun 2005 12:20:17 -0700, lbbss wrote:

> Anyone try putting them in the printer and printing the date on the
> pictures, or any other method? Thanks.

I once tried using an HP printer that could print on both sides to
add filenames and comments to the back of prints, but it didn't work
well. The back of most photo paper is virtual teflon, and if you
wait days for the ink to dry, it still wipes off very smudgily at
the slightest touch. Double sided photo paper would work, though
the extra cost probably would make it impractical. Some of the folk
here that are more heavily into photo printing may be aware of
single sided photo paper that doesn't have an ink-repellant coating
on the back side.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:11:15 AM

"ASAAR" <caught@22.com> wrote in message
> On 16 Jun 2005 12:20:17 -0700, lbbss wrote:
>
>> Anyone try putting them in the printer and printing the date on the
>> pictures, or any other method? Thanks.
>
> I once tried using an HP printer that could print on both sides to
> add filenames and comments to the back of prints, but it didn't work
> well. The back of most photo paper is virtual teflon, and if you
> wait days for the ink to dry, it still wipes off very smudgily at
> the slightest touch. Double sided photo paper would work, though
> the extra cost probably would make it impractical. Some of the folk
> here that are more heavily into photo printing may be aware of
> single sided photo paper that doesn't have an ink-repellant coating
> on the back side.

I would put each set of photo's in an album and have the contact sheet there
with all the dates on, first page of the album.
June 17, 2005 10:06:07 AM

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:20:17 -0700, lbbss wrote:

> I would like to have the approximate date photos were printed on the
> back of
> my digital prints. I tried using a ink date stamp but that made a
> big
> sticky mess. Anyone have quick method of printing the date on the
> back?
> Anyone try putting them in the printer and printing the date on the
> pictures, or any other method? Thanks.
There is the 6B method.
Get a 6B pencil and write it on, it only needs to be on lightly and I have
never had it make a mess yet.
Stone age methods can work.

--
neil
delete delete to reply

They can put a man on the moon but they can't find an quick an easy
method of date stamping your pictures.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 2:03:51 PM

I found that buying an adjustable date stamp worked well ONLY if you
let the ink sit out for a half day or more before the first use.

Then, before any subsequent use, you let the ink sit out for an hour or
two open to the ambient air.

Then when I stamped the prints (on the back edges only) with the date
and negative code, the ink wouldn't smear.

I lost a lot of prints before I learned this method.

It would be nice for a digital camera to place the date on a white
border outside the print area (without reducing the effective pixel
count) but I don't think that feature exists. (If this
lossless-date-stamp feature exists in the future, please refer the
manufacturer to me for the royalties due me.)
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:00:40 PM

Get the Avery 80 to a page labels and print or write the date on each and
affix to the back of the print.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 3:13:03 PM

Sticky stuff eventually migrates through the paper and destroys
the photo.

!