captaincrash

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within 2 weeks

BUDGET RANGE: 150.00-200.00 usd

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (WoW and SWToR), videos (Movies, hulu etc)

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY:Ati 5750HD, antec 700w psu

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: i7 860 Lynnfield 2.80GHz, Gigabyte P55M-UD2 Mobo, PCI-express Link width x16, Max supported x16

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:New egg, USA

PARTS PREFERENCES:Nvidia or ATI, preferred with warranty and popular name (XFX, EVGA, MSI) or highly reccomended.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080(Primary monitor) 1024x768(Secondary)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I run dual monitors and usually watch DVD's, Hulu, youtube or netflix on the second monitor. Right now with my current set up, I lose fps 70% of the time on the primary monitor, which is the gaming monitor. Sometimes I lose no fps, when I do I average about a 20fps drop. I just don't want to buy more card than my CPU, PSU can handle. I have a preferance to stay above 60fps no matter where I am, but certainly don't mean to complain when I drop below 60.

captaincrash

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Thank you both for your replies. One last question, will either of those cards eliminate the framerate drop I am experiancing, while watching any video's on the second monitor? Even if I have a websight open and an ad on the side shows video I will lose framerate.

TRENDING THREADS