PC to TV won't work

jordan853

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
I purchased an HDMI cable to hook up from my desktop to the tv yesterday and it doesnt work. Its windows 7, nvidia geforce gtx460. I have no idea if this is a hardware problem or a driver problem or what. It works on my laptop however (alienware nvidia video card). on the desktop, the tv shows "no signal". the tv is about a year old, samsung 55 inch full 1080p. I was checking around the "multiple displays" setting and nothing i tried worked. However i can drag things into the gap that a second moniter should be, it just doesnt appear on my tv. pleas help thanks,

jordan853

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
yes i tried that and there were 2 devices options. the first was my pc moniter, the other said "Enabled VGA connecton" or something but the cord i'm using is HDMI not vga. and windows DOES detect it, it shows up and everything as a monitor.

jordan853

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
Yea i tried all that. windows defiantly recognizes it as a moniter. it shows 2 moniters, my actually one, and something about a vga imput which must be wrong because i use an hdmi and i see no way to change it