Solved

Did I select the correct parts?

Asus 24x DVD Burner
PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 950w 80+
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB)
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP
i7 2600k
Cooler Master V8 120mm Rifle
Corsair Obsidian Series 650D
Grand Total; 1,113.14 (With out an HDD, SSD, or Video Card)
Am I missing anything besides what I listed?
Did I select the right parts?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about select correct parts
  1. Best answer
    Yup, all compatible.
  2. Looks good, I would have cut RAM down to 8GB, and the PSU could be better but will work fine. The only other caveat is that it seems a bit spendy for what you're getting, is that price in USD?
  3. johnpaul182 said:
    Yup, all compatible.


    Thank you
  4. Agree with 87ninefiveone!
  5. 87ninefiveone said:
    Looks good, I would have cut RAM down to 8GB, and the PSU could be better but will work fine. The only other caveat is that it seems a bit spendy for what you're getting, is that price in USD?


    The less expensive the better. i think i will cut it down to 8GB i don't think I need 16GB at the moment. Any advice on the PSU? I'm going to be purchasing an GTX 580, 7970, or GTX 680. Yes it is in USD. I will take any advice to make it a bit cheaper. I live in CA so the tax added $100+
  6. Ouch, that explains the price.

    If you're going for a single card, then I'd go with a Corsair TX750 or TX650 power supply, I think newegg has the TX750 for around $90 which is a hell of a deal. I've got two of these and have had zero problems, and i bought them back when they were $130/ea.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021

    In regards to the RAM, you'll never miss it. In all actuality you could probably do 4GB and never notice, but given RAM prices 8GB is a good future proof number for now.
  7. I just came across this build. Why is it so cheap? http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Golden_Egg_Special/w/112260 it looks pretty good.
  8. 87ninefiveone said:
    Ouch, that explains the price.

    If you're going for a single card, then I'd go with a Corsair TX750 or TX650 power supply, I think newegg has the TX750 for around $90 which is a hell of a deal. I've got two of these and have had zero problems, and i bought them back when they were $130/ea.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021

    In regards to the RAM, you'll never miss it. In all actuality you could probably do 4GB and never notice, but given RAM prices 8GB is a good future proof number for now.


    I added the TX750 to my cart. My friend agrees I should purchase that one
  9. I don't think your link worked, if I just hit add to cart it comes out around $1500. Also, that website hurts my brain.
  10. 87ninefiveone said:
    I don't think your link worked, if I just hit add to cart it comes out around $1500. Also, that website hurts my brain.


    I'm sorry lol. Yes it comes up to about $1,500. I don't understand how with the PSU, GPU, CPU..etc included.
  11. It's doable, I built my i7 2600K machine for $1500 this past June. My build is in my profile if you want to check it out. Just hit more info under my name, then member configuration.

    The X58/LGA 1366 based stuff that build uses has come down in price a lot since LGA 2011 has arrived. It's still impressive though.
  12. Best answer selected by uploadcomplete.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Corsair Systems Product