rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
yes, right now most companies are releasing "reference models" which consists of the same PCB and general design of AMD's 7970. Usually a few months after the initial release you will see more "non-reference" cards for sale, I'd wait for those cards seeing how usually they have much better coolers and are generally much quieter

jchurch83

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
If you are looking at the reference models then they are pretty much the same.

The difference will be in 1. the warranty offered by the specific manufacturer 2. The accessories included ei. cables/adapters 3. The quality of parts used in the card

Most people will have the "brand" they stick with or the ones they trust, mostly based on personal experience. I have heard good things about Sapphire, XFX ("mainly because in the past they have had lifetime warranties") , MSI

I can vouch personally for the Sapphire HD 7970, this is the one I purchased and have been using for a couple of weeks and have had no issues at all, runs perfect nice and cool - Temps playing Star wars: tor at 50% Fan hover right around 55-60C - with my old gtx 480 at 80% fan speed it would run 75c >.<

jchurch83

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

Ya right now the cards keep going in and out of stock, the week I purchased mine it was litterally every hour I would refresh and see what was in stock at that moment. Was gaming one night and happened to look and saw the Sapphire one was finally back in stock and clicked buy as fast as I could! Nice set up you have going! the only thing I would suggest from personal experience is

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151102 vs the Corsair PSU you have picked out if you don't mind spending an extra 20 bucks. SeaSonic makes amazing quality PSUs - I've always went with them and never had an issue, nothing against the Corsair PSU, never had experience with them but I would bet my life on SeaSonic PSUs!!!