Constant Static Coming from All Audio Outs

stepstools

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Today I turned on my computer to find out its audio had been replaced by a constant static noise (with the normal faintly heard in the background). Every audio out does it, and I can't figure out how to fix it. The sound comes on a bit before the logon screen, and goes off during shutdown. I have tested it on two Windows 7 installs and an Ubuntu live session, all producing the same results. The only thing I could have done that triggered this would have been unplugging the computer (and every other device on the strip) and plugging it back in. The next boot after this was when the static came on. I have tried changing outlets and power strips and the only product of this was me having to re-seat my RAM and press the MEM-OK button to make the computer actually turn on. Thanks in advanced for any insight you might have as to what might be causing this!

Specs (I know it's a lot, but I thought I'd post it all because I frankly have no clue what part is causing this issue) -

Operating System
MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz 35 °C
Bloomfield 45nm Technology

RAM
6.00 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (8-8-8-20)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6X58D-E (LGA1366)

Graphics
HZ231H (1920x1080@60Hz) - Monitor
DELL E173FP (1280x1024@60Hz) - Monitor
1024MB GeForce GTX 560 (EVGA) - GPU

Hard Drives
977GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device (SATA)
313GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAKS-75L9A0 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device
ATAPI iHAS424 Y ATA Device

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio (Integrated)

This may sound simple. But I had a situation almost identical to what you're describing, went thorough a lot of trouble, even installed an old sound card and drivers..

I ended up trying different speakers... Problem solved. Lets start with the simple things first.

stepstools

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Sorry, I meant to say I tried plugging in new speakers (and headphones) into every audio out port possible.

Edit: Computer just bluescreened, got a - Stop 0x00000101 "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval". Is the power supply shot, and not supplying the necessary power to the board and CPU?

G

oh, no worries, i always type slower than i think :)

AFAIK from my experiences being the drunken sound guy for crappy bands; static happens when a connection is "breaking"; the wire is broken or a connection has solder that is cracked. a grounding issue usually results in a 60Hz hum.

to have it happen to all your jacks with different speakers is . . .odd.
have you also tried enabling surround sound and trying the side and rear L/R outputs?

G

recommended.gif

that is unusual for a cooler master; they usually suck.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=134