Converting an english version of windows XP to display dia..

I have purchased a laptop computer with the english ver of XP
installed on it. Is their any way of converting the language on the
machine to display all command prompts ect in either ukranian or
russian language

PLEASE HELP
1 answer Last reply
More about converting english version windows display

    Setting up your computer to read and type in Ukrainian
    http://www.plast.org.au/font.php#typexp

    Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
    cannot change it from one language version to another. You'll need
    to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
    you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

    Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
    another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
    and create a dual-boot configuration.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

    Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
    http://www.worldlanguage.com/

    A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
    http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

    Clean Install Windows XP

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Shane" wrote:

    | I have purchased a laptop computer with the english ver of XP
    | installed on it. Is their any way of converting the language on the
    | machine to display all command prompts ect in either ukranian or
    | russian language
    |
    | PLEASE HELP

Configuration Customization Windows XP Displays