E10/view black

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 16, 2005 5:46:14 PM

Urgent problem: both viewers are black (pictures as well). All other
functions work: e.g. exposure measuring, display photos and uploading
photos.

Probably a case for the repair shop.

In case anyone has encountered such a problem and knows a
hint/solution: I eagerly waiting for help!

Oskar von dem Hagen

More about : e10 view black

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 2:30:55 AM

Oskar wrote:

> Urgent problem: both viewers are black (pictures as well). All other
> functions work: e.g. exposure measuring, display photos and uploading
> photos.
>
> Probably a case for the repair shop.
>
> In case anyone has encountered such a problem and knows a
> hint/solution: I eagerly waiting for help!
>
> Oskar von dem Hagen

Hi,
Mirror problem?
Tony
June 17, 2005 7:29:04 AM

> Mirror problem?
> Tony

I'm afraid not. In that case the light should end up on the sensor or
the viewer. Funny thing: the E10 supposedly uses a split beam so that
(conventional) viewer and sensor are served at the same time. But both
are completely black.

Oskar von dem Hagen
June 17, 2005 3:37:18 PM

On 17 Jun 2005 03:29:04 -0700, "Oskar" <garbage@vondemhagen.de> wrote:

>> Mirror problem?
>> Tony
>
>I'm afraid not. In that case the light should end up on the sensor or
>the viewer. Funny thing: the E10 supposedly uses a split beam so that
>(conventional) viewer and sensor are served at the same time. But both
>are completely black.
>
>Oskar von dem Hagen

Remove the lens cap.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Didn't help. :-(((
June 17, 2005 6:39:25 PM

Oskar wrote:
> Didn't help. :-(((

Sorry, this was supposed to be answer to Bill.

As regards Ed's hint: I am still praying that #1 will turn out to be
successful.

Oskar
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:59:38 PM

If #1 is going to work - when you install batteries and turn on the
viewfinder will be as normal - if dark (shutter closed) then repair is
only solution.

!