warmeister

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
So i was planning on overlocking my 955 and i downloaded cpuz and prime95, i checked cpu z and it read http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2445654. Its showing the clock speed at 100mhz,

i checked some forums and it said to run prime95 and the core clock should go up due to cool n quite been enabled, did it and still nothing changed. i downloaded amd over drive and it was displaying it correctly at 3.2ghz. Is this an issue with cpuz thats wrong?

Also if any one gots some tips about overlocking on asrock 970 extreme3 (like if their auto cpu overclock works?)

I disabled cool n quite still the same issue

I tend to only trust the bios for what the cpu speed is since that's where you adjust it. I have overclocked my cpu and then looked in Windows to see what it says the speed is and it just gives me the stock speed mo matter what the cpu is clocked to and sometimes ot might go up from 3.33ghz to 3.46ghz but never higher.The program EVEREST does seem to record the correct speeds and it will also tell you the idle speeds if the cpu video card and ram are just at idle.
As far as I know most MB's that have the auto overclock do work but there are those that don't. MSI's overclock geni button didn't work for me but I was still able to overclock the cpu manualy.

warmeister

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Thanks, the mobo did read 3.2 ghz, is the ref freq of the cpu able to go to 240? its at 200 but with the auto o/c it goes up to 240.. and northbridge goes from 2000 to 1800

I can'y tell you about what AMD cpu's do since I only use Intel but if you go into the motherboards bios and look at the frequency and when you highlight it on the right side it should give you the range of what the frequency will go up to and what the lowest is. If the auto overclock will go to 240 then it will go to 240 and the thing with the auto overclock is that the settings are in the bios for what needs to be set and they are tested and proved to be good working settings , that's why auto ove rclock settings are usually not very high but high enough to notice.

warmeister

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

thanks, i just auto o/c to 3.8 how ever the multiplier stayed at x16 and not x20 like forums say. and the ram that is 1333 stock is at 960 after auto o/c. i did a prime run for about an hour and never ran hotter then 51c, and cpuz still reports 100mhz , i changed the settings back to normal and gonna read up more on dim settings to fix the issue with that.