Review my major Components

pdizzle

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hi my name is preston I'm 14 and I'm almost done building my first PC :)

SO if you could review these major components it would be great :)

PSU: Corsair CX430 (430w) PSU 28 amps on single 12V rail

Motherboard: Asus M4A87TD Evo motherboard

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4ghz Processor

I will be installing the CM Hyper 212 plus onto the CPU so that too please :)

My Graphics Card Is the Dell Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX (It has a loud fan) is that normal before post?

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 250gb 7200.11 8mb SATA II 3gb/s

Now for the RAM: G-skill Ripjaws X 4gb 2gx2 Dual Channel 1333mhz
PC3-10666

So that is the main components I'm building my PC with. I'm Putting it into a Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid ATX case with 8 Fans in total: all 120mm (Except one 140mm on front) all of them are 19DBA. I have everything installed except the CPU and HSF waiting for CPU to come in the mail. This build ran me 380$.

Are there any Obvious bottlenecks?

This build will be used for gaming Starcraft 2 and League of legends and
Skyrim.

For reference Case fans are: Rosewill RCA-1024BK Qty: 3] Stock fans came with case and HSF 2 120mm fans (Silent)] 140mm CM essentials 1,00 RPM Blue led fan. Qty. 1[ Cooler Master Sickle flow 120mm Blue led fan. Scythe 12mm 19DBA case fan 120mm.

If your interested Keybaord Saitek Eclipse II Mouse Blue LED gaming mouse form china LOL.

Monitor: Dell P1130

The case I picked has terrific airflow :) and the HSF is fantastic for cooling. :)

Loudest thing in my system is video card.

SO thats the components see if I did ok for my first build on a budget. at the age of 14 (nearly 15) :pt1cable:

Solution
Wow, didn't know resolution on CRT.

Yep. That sounds about right, a 8800GTX should be similar to a newer 5770 in performance, just a hell of a lot noisier and higher power draw and heat. (BTW - your Corsair 430 doesn't have a huge amount of wiggle room here on power. I would be careful about any serious overclocking, etc)

Do you have proper driver support for the video card? Fan speed is usually controlled by the ATI/Nvidia control software ... I'm not sure what you would use with a dell branded card. Without software it might just run at a default 100%. Perhaps look around nvidia or another 8800 GTX vendor and see if you can find drivers that work.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
If you have already bought all the parts ... then its too late to ask for our collective opinion. You have to live with your choices :)

Is the 8800GTX repurposed from an old Dell? It will be the hottest, most power hungry part of this built, but then again.. if its running a truly ancient CRT monitor (1024 x 768?)... than it shouldn't bottleneck too much. The only limitation is that I think it is probably a DirectX 9 card? Not sure because Dell often changes the manufacturer models.

Overall it looks like a good use of your money. I'd say the monitor is the next step -- you wont be able to appreciate the newer PC until you have a real monitor.

pdizzle

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
I got the 8800 off a XPS 710 768mb GDDR3 memeory comparable to radeon hd 5770. DX 10 full support. The dll monitor is a BOSS. 2048x1536 85hz.!!!! 20" its vert high ejd for a crt but i will upgrade later. The video card is LOUD!!! Any ways to slow it down??? With 10 case fans in there it is really quiet the GPU sounds like a boeing -747 !!!! . And the crt IS amazingfor pciture and excellet for gaming. Once i get CPU i cab test my build. I expect 25-30c idle for cpu wuth that HSF. And 6 case fans 2 cpu fans 1 GPU fan 1 PSU fan. Should I get a fan controller and buy a aftermarket HSF for my GPU that wy I could hae an ultimate silent PC. And if I do say so myself the whole sustem looks great I even did a good job cable manageing. :) :) :). So I'm positive tuis can run starcraft 2 with windows 7 ultimate 64bit. And then if I upgrade GPU to hd 6850 and 4gb of ram. Killer gaming machine. :). So I need o save up 150$ better get started.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Wow, didn't know resolution on CRT.

Yep. That sounds about right, a 8800GTX should be similar to a newer 5770 in performance, just a hell of a lot noisier and higher power draw and heat. (BTW - your Corsair 430 doesn't have a huge amount of wiggle room here on power. I would be careful about any serious overclocking, etc)

Do you have proper driver support for the video card? Fan speed is usually controlled by the ATI/Nvidia control software ... I'm not sure what you would use with a dell branded card. Without software it might just run at a default 100%. Perhaps look around nvidia or another 8800 GTX vendor and see if you can find drivers that work.

Solution