customizing staratup for different users

Hi
I am trying to get one user to NOT load any software installed on the
computer. So that the users account is empty and free of any background
processes an so on. I want to becuase I need every little bit of the
computers power for some special programs. Is it possible or should I get a
new computer and just install the programs there?
1 answer Last reply
More about customizing staratup users

    Yes, you can certainly have a user that doesn't have anything listed in
    the startup folder. If all your other user accounts have a lot of programs
    loaded at startup, that can make a difference in apparent speed. You can
    also set up different profiles, including hardware profiles that are chosen
    when the computer is first booted, to improve speed. You might want to look
    at http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/xpprofiles.htm for some extra ideas on
    those things if you need extra.
    If you have a lot of extra money kicking around, and the "special
    programs" you have are that important, you would probably be best off to get
    a new computer to dedicate to them.... I certainly don't have the excess
    cash, so I would go with the other route.

    "Shadow" <Shadow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I am trying to get one user to NOT load any software installed on the
    > computer. So that the users account is empty and free of any background
    > processes an so on. I want to becuase I need every little bit of the
    > computers power for some special programs. Is it possible or should I get
    > new computer and just install the programs there?

Configuration Computers Customization Windows XP