HELP PLEASE!! CHOOSING HARDWARE

Here are the different part i ordered (i got 24h to cancel/swap anything if it's not okay)
i5 2500k @3.3 ghz
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3, Z68, LGA1155, PCI-E 3.0, SLI/CFX
Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2x4GB, DDR3-1600, CL9@1.5V
Seasonic X-760 (SS-760KM) Gold - 760 Watt
Samsung SSD 830Series D-Kit, MLC, 128GB, SATA-3, 2.5 Zoll

I dont know what GPU to take. I mainly play CoD4, CoD: MW3 and BF3.
I dont play with everything maxed out. And i'm not sure about what monitor to get, but i dont think i can afford a 120hz at the moment.

I think i'm going to get this monitor: Asus VS228H, 22" FULL HD TFT
How many hz does it have??

If you got other suggestions for the monitor, please tell me.
6 answers Last reply
More about help please choosing hardware
  1. No reason to get a 120hz monitor. Heres why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yBsgtA8WSE

60hz is standard for most LCD monitors. That one is too.

AS far as a video card. Whats your max budget? Heres a good choice:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125353
  2. I can afford the GTX 680, but i'd rather take something lower, since between 50 and 55 fps i dont mind because i dont even play on ultra settings.
  3. Get the best card you can get now, you may regret it later.
  4. You think so?? I can afford the GTX 680, but i wanted to go for the Sapphire HD 7950 3GB Dual Fan.
    But i might go for a nvidia 570 or something, apparently AMD drivers aren't always very well functioning.
  5. the only thing coming out of nvdia in may are the 670 line of cards that are just 680 gpu that did not cut it.
  6. thomazeboss said:
    You think so?? I can afford the GTX 680, but i wanted to go for the Sapphire HD 7950 3GB Dual Fan.
    But i might go for a nvidia 570 or something, apparently AMD drivers aren't always very well functioning.

I honestly do not see the point in spending that much money on a video card, but its your computer.

Buying a substantially expensive card with the intent to "future proof" your computer is folly. Buy something modest that meets your needs today, and worry about what will meet your needs in 3 years when you cross that road, its more economical.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product