Upgrading Power Supply for Dell Inspiron 620

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Dell Inspiron
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
July 21, 2012 6:31:06 AM

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 620. For various reasons I couldn't check out a detailed specs. of the system besides the very basics.

The computer is pretty much all that I wanted except for the GPU. When I opened it up it turns out that there's no 6pin connectors for a decent graphics card.

Just yesterday I purchased a Geforce gtx 550ti that requires 2 pci-e 6-pin connectors.

I had a particular power supply in mind. It definitely has 2 pci-e connectors but I'm not sure if the other connectors are 100% compatible with the other components of the computer (my first Dell). Is there a chance that somebody could cross-check compatibility for me?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If this isn't compatible, could someone recommend another fairly priced power supply that would fit my needs? Also if anyone has any recommendations on a similarly price-ranged GPU that they favor that'd be awsome.

Thanks.

More about : upgrading power supply dell inspiron 620

July 21, 2012 6:32:22 AM

I forgot to mention that this is a standard sized case.
m
l
Related resources
July 21, 2012 3:56:29 PM

Thanks a ton you guys.

@DavidY

The pictures of the cables look very similar to the factory power supply, but are you 100% sure that it's compatible? I just want to be absolutely sure because I think I'm going to order the one that you suggested.

m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 21, 2012 4:10:04 PM

Have you got a pic of the power supply including the cables which is already in there?
m
l
July 21, 2012 7:30:47 PM

Unfortunately I don't have a camera at the moment.
m
l
July 21, 2012 7:39:26 PM

It appears that this Dell is a mini-tower. Not sure if the Antec VP-450 fits this case?

Dave
m
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
July 21, 2012 7:47:32 PM

Standard ATX psu in the box now, almost any other standard ATX psu will fit
m
l
July 22, 2012 2:33:15 AM

thx guys, I'm going to go ahead and order the one that DavidY suggested.
m
l
!