Sign in with
Your question

Are these temps normal? X3 440

Last response: in CPUs
July 21, 2012 8:59:16 AM

http://postimage.org/image/gw3t2tvwr/

I saw those and googled... peoples temps using stock fans are WAY lower than mine.

As you can see those tempatures are based on me just sitting here browsing the internet.

My computer case is an open case - No side panel installed! Was too lazy and now I moved and lost the panel. Anyways, this is taken at 4:50 am which the temp inside the house is sub 70 degrees. (it actually feels cooler with the AC on)

The computer itself is is an open area (kinda, under my desk, but my desk isn't contained too much on it's free, just 2 legs.

Or am I just googling wrong?

More about : temps normal 440

a c 788 à CPUs
July 21, 2012 3:38:21 PM

Compare those readings to what BIOS is reading, CPUID HW was off substantially on my X3 450.
Related resources
July 21, 2012 4:46:01 PM

The thing is, my system would normally be damaged in this circumstance right? My computer has been on 24/7 (literally) for the last 9 months and before that it was on pretty much 18+ hours a day for over a year.... I'll check bios later when I shut down LOL.
a b à CPUs
July 21, 2012 4:51:43 PM

vietdeity86 said:
The thing is, my system would normally be damaged in this circumstance right? My computer has been on 24/7 (literally) for the last 9 months and before that it was on pretty much 18+ hours a day for over a year.... I'll check bios later when I shut down LOL.

The temps aren't high enough that they would damage your system, it'll normally shut itself off before that happens. If you let your computer run all the time I hope that you at least reboot it some times. Windows is suppose to be rebooted at least every three days, and I've seen from my moms computer that if you don't weird stuff starts to happen to it.
July 21, 2012 7:48:27 PM

Ok, so I went to check my thermal paste and OMG MY HEATSINK WASNT EVEN ATTACHED ALL THE WAY. It was my problem. It dropped my temps down to 35-45C.

So, I was like if my computer can handle that I did a quick OC. I even unlocked my 4th core....

I took it up to 3.4 from 3.0 and unlocked 4th core, my game that used to lag on low settings now can play them pretty much on max settings (Diablo 3).

How do I know if the 4th core is bad? I ran prime 95 and I watched an episode of homeland 720P at the same time (40 mins) and it didn't crash. Is that good enough a test? I know when I OC'd my old gaming PC (this is a media center PC) I did prime for a day or so. But with such a low OC, I figured I didnt.

So, once again, how do I know my 4th core is bad?
a c 104 à CPUs
July 21, 2012 7:53:17 PM

Wait, i read that wrong, try stessing it with prime95 for 24hrs to be sure, if it doesn't crash or anything then its not bad, that means you got a quad core cheaper you lucky guy.
!