Sign in with
Your question

Cheapest *good* rig ever built?

Last response: in Systems
April 8, 2012 5:26:52 PM

i think i just did pretty good. i got the microcenter i5 2500k and gigabyte ud3h mobo combo for 295, then i got a hyper + cooler, 700w psu, 8gb RAM, OCZ SSD and radeon 7850. i already had a case and leftover AS-5 from my last build, and i didn't consider the peripherals either, but total i came out to 825. after MIR it was 775. and also i sold all of my old components for about 150, so total out of pocket for me is going to be about 625 assuming i get my rebates. i thought that was pretty dang good.

how cheap have you been able to build what you consider a "good" rig?
April 8, 2012 5:42:39 PM

tuffluck said:
i think i just did pretty good. i got the microcenter i5 2500k and gigabyte ud3h mobo combo for 295, then i got a hyper + cooler, 700w psu, 8gb RAM, OCZ SSD and radeon 7850. i already had a case and leftover AS-5 from my last build, and i didn't consider the peripherals either, but total i came out to 825. after MIR it was 775. and also i sold all of my old components for about 150, so total out of pocket for me is going to be about 625 assuming i get my rebates. i thought that was pretty dang good.

how cheap have you been able to build what you consider a "good" rig?

I built my current system that is in my signature for about $700 minus the monitor. I did the Microcenter combo for the mobo, got everything else on sale over the course of like 3 weeks.
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
April 8, 2012 8:35:37 PM

Not bad.

Mine was around 900 something originally, but I wasn't happy with the original Sentey Halcon case, it was cheap and junky so I bought an NZXT Phantom and I added a 2nd hard drive. I did a full build, no salvaged parts from other rigs. Going on about 3 months old.

Appx prices at time of build, most of the stuff has dropped in price since, such it is with computers..The RAM cost a lot more than it needed to because I wanted 8GB sticks... :pfff: 

Video card 160
Mobo- 180
CPU- 160
HDD- 90
CD/DVD- 20
PSU-105
RAM-150
Original case- 60

Overall I'm pretty happy with my system.
!