Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSuuz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
I bought an HD4850 from them in March 2009, OC'ed it to 700mHz and 1200 mHz on the core and memory since then...

No problems at all.

Yep. They are actually a sub-division of PC Partners, a major OEM company that manufactures electronics (including video cards) for other brand names and then slap on the appropriate stick. For example, Gigabyte Radeon card could be manufactured by PC partners.

XFX cards are manufactured by another OEM company, Pine Tech. Pine Tech is the parent company of XFX.

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
I like the warranty from XFX better if you ever plan on selling or buying a used gpu. Sapphire is through the place of purchase and is not transfereable and requires the original invoice. XFX is based on serial number and does not require the original invoice and is transferable to one person. As long as noone registers and xfx card it can trade hands many times and still be coveredn within the warranty period.

Vettedude

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009

Well XFX Pine = Pine Tech. Its just XFX sounds cooler than Pine I guess.

Dec 2, 2011

That and after some experiences with their (pine tech) modems and sound cards in the 90's I would never purchase them again.

lol, things change I guess...

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
ASUS, with experience from me, they gave me some nice stuff like a bigger custom fan and copper pipe heatsink, gave me a nice cd wallet, guessing around 20 cd spaces. Gave me some good third party tools, i'm using GamerOSD now instead of FRAPS, and Smart Doctor allows you to overclock the graphics card as well as change voltage settings. It's the only software i have that allows you to modify the voltage settings however you want. GamerOSD allows me to take movies as well, and it isn't limited to 30 seconds like some version of FRAPS. You can change the screenshot picture format too. I thought, or in my opinion i think ASUS & MSI are the best quality producers of video cards. What about HIS, their coolers look the best in my opinion.

Dec 2, 2011

TriXX by Sapphire allows voltage adjustments too.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
XFX gave me nothing for my GTS250. Nvidia Control panel had most features turned off, no third party tools, just a nice box. AMD Overdrive, and Vision Engine, or ATI Tray Tools that i have now does soo much more. ASUS software was good too, compared to nothing from XFX. That XFX GTS250 wasn't worth it, they priced it more than an ATi 4870, and it wasn't just that particular online shop it was the same everywhere. But no, i just had to go and buy XFX, silly. XFX have a smaller metal heatsink cooler for their GPUs too. They do krappy motherboards, but ASUS do great motherboards and graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.