Buying a 7870 or 7850, trying not to bottleneck

alex24boom

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Hey there all!

I am currently in the process of building my first gaming rig. As far as my GPU goes, I should be getting a 7870 or 7850, depending on if anything goes on sale within the next few days.

My worry is that I may end up bottlenecking with a CPU. I was looking at newegg's combo deals for cpus and mobos. While I feel like I have a general idea of what I need, I'm a little lost as to knowing what may or may not bottleneck my CPU.

Specifically I was looking at this combo deal: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.989883

While this is somewhere in the mid-range of my budget, I wouldn't mind if I could spend a bit less or not, but I don't want to bottleneck my gpu so this is why I come to you guys! Thanks in advance for any answers, your help is greatly appreciated!

alex24boom

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
My main concern is the CPU to make sure I don't limit the power of my GPU, since my GPU is a fairly good one. I"m assuming most of these would be fine for my GPU to operate at full capacity since nothing has been said.