aubrey08

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
im using a 6870 and i use CCC and manually control my fan speed with CCC in overdrive is that normal? If i dont power up my fan it basically never comes on during gaming. i leave fan at 30 and jump to 65 during "most" games its a process i've done with my pc since i bought it from ibuypower last year. I just thought the card was supposed to ajust to increase in temps with fan accordingly. I've actually just got so used to it now that it became a norm. I'm only 1 yr into pc's so im new and learned what i know now on my own. Dont know anybody until i found this great site so i thought i would ask.

Solution
Download msi afterburner. There are custom fan profiles you can set yourself that automatically adjust your fan with the rise in gpu temp. It is also a good Overclocking tool.
Your fan should be running constantly even without software, but stock profiles tend to wait until the temp is higher to increase fan speed to keep noise down. Afterburner will take care of that.
A 1% fan speed increase for every degree celcius up until around 70% is the profile i use
Download msi afterburner. There are custom fan profiles you can set yourself that automatically adjust your fan with the rise in gpu temp. It is also a good Overclocking tool.
Your fan should be running constantly even without software, but stock profiles tend to wait until the temp is higher to increase fan speed to keep noise down. Afterburner will take care of that.
A 1% fan speed increase for every degree celcius up until around 70% is the profile i use

Solution