Sign in with
Your question

"No signed device drivers" when re-installing windows

Last response: in Systems
April 8, 2012 7:08:26 PM

Ok, so I have a system that I built with the help of the fine people on this forum. It has been up and running for over a year and a half without a single problem. A few weeks ago whenever the computer would go into sleep mode, it would freeze upon rebooting. Then a few days ago, it just shut itself off completely. When I went to restart my computer it would just hang at the windows start screen. If I run in safe mode it can make it through to windows, but freezes moments after. So, I figured I should just go ahead and reformat my SSD and reinstall windows from the disk. Well, when I went to do a custom install, it tells me that my device drivers cannot be found. The exact message is "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

When going to the BIOS screen everything shows up normally, it detects both my master and slave drive normally. I even tried switching my slave drive to my master, in case my SSD had kicked the bucket, but I get the same result from my other drive.

Anyone have any advice that might fix my problem here? Just in case it is needed I will include my system specs below:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 470
SSD: OCZ-Vertex2 3.5
HD: Samsung HD103SJ
RAM: 6GB of G.Skill (can't remember specifics, but can look em up if need be)

Lemme know if you need any other info. Thanks a lot.
April 8, 2012 7:36:47 PM

Update: So after completely removing my SSD, my Hard drive showed up. So I converted my Hard drive from a dynamic to a basic drive and am now installing windows successfully.

A. Does this mean for sure my SSD is shot and I need a new one?
B. If not, what steps should I try to recover my SSD?

Thanks.
m
l
!