Sign in with
Your question

Why am I booting straight to BIOS?

Last response: in Systems
April 8, 2012 7:27:52 PM

Just about 1 week ago I have been booting to bios right when I turn on the computer, yes I have checked see if my keyboard(Razer Blackwidow Ultimate) is not sticking together or anything. Besides booting into BIOS every time , everything works perfectly.

I also put my HDD as my first priority for boot sequence.

Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD55 (B3)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1300mhz
Graphics Card: EVGA Gtx 560 ti Crysis 2 edition @ 900mhz
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB
PSU:Corsair GS 800W
Case: Thermaltake Armor A90
CPU: Intel i5-2500k @4.5ghz --- Hyper 212 Evo cooler

More about : booting straight bios

April 24, 2012 2:45:15 PM

Intel i5 at 4.5ghz... So i'm going to say you're overclocking.. and thus point towards that as the issue :p  Basically your system isn't 100% stable and the BIOS knows it (even if it appears to be). Your BIOS is basically saying "Don't boot into Windows! Come here and change stuff back to how it should be!"

Try reducing the overclock a little until it's stable
m
l
April 25, 2012 3:21:09 AM

Quote:
Lol, nice way to explain a problem to a newbie :kaola: 

BTW, beefybish you are wrong, the BIOS will never do that, i think is a keyboard problem, how did you came out to eliminate the keyboard from the equation theshiznut? try to unplug your keyboard and then turn your pc ON, it shouldnt boot straight to the BIOS but if it does try restoring the BIOS, if the problem persist then update it, if you are still having problems then downclock your cpu to its original frequency and voltage, AND if you are still having problems, you are fuck3d :D .... it means your motherboard is defective

I'll try doing that, seems like a reasonable idea.
m
l
Related resources
!