Cruel

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Solution

For a gaming computer it's pretty good. The CPU is fine and will be a great processor for gaming. With good air cooling you should be able to overclock it pretty good. The graphic card is kind of weak IMO and if you got that computer I would upgrade the video card as soon as you...

For a gaming computer it's pretty good. The CPU is fine and will be a great processor for gaming. With good air cooling you should be able to overclock it pretty good. The graphic card is kind of weak IMO and if you got that computer I would upgrade the video card as soon as you can. I don't know if you plan on doing crossfire or SLI but you aren't going to be able to do either with that motherboard as it looks like it only has one PCI-e 16X graphics slot. Also it couldn't hurt to up the RAM a little to 8 Gigs but other than that it seems ok.

Solution

Cruel

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012

Thanks for the reply. My current computer is an emachines ET1331G (Dual core amd processor @2.7ghz, 6gb ram, integrated graphics) and I have never had anything better than it so im hoping for a decent upgrade. I dont not plan to go SLI or Crossfire. And you said the graphics card happens to be on lower side which I know but im on a pretty low budget :( and i dont want a price much higher than this. Also, my monitor is pretty small (17 inches) and its resolution is 1280x800 so will the GTX 550ti run pretty well on it?

Cruel

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
I dont plan to play Bf3. Some disagree but I prefer first person shooters on consoles. I plan to play League of Legends, flight sims, and similar games on it. And I cant wait for Command and Conquer Generals 2 coming out next year. If i need a new graphics card by then I'll be able to upgrade. Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS