Sign in with
Your question

Computer post problems

Last response: in CPUs
July 22, 2012 2:02:02 AM

I recently installed a new cpu. I installed it correctly along with the heat sink. When I turn my pc on everything works fine expect for the gpu fan which has a hard time spinning or doesn't spin at all. Then my pc beeps 2 two times and it powers off. I'm getting no input signal on my monitor. The monitor is perfectly fine because I had hooked it up to my laptop.

More about : computer post problems

a c 146 à CPUs
July 22, 2012 2:13:46 AM

xxturkkatilxx said:
I recently installed a new cpu. I installed it correctly along with the heat sink. When I turn my pc on everything works fine expect for the gpu fan which has a hard time spinning or doesn't spin at all. Then my pc beeps 2 two times and it powers off. I'm getting no input signal on my monitor. The monitor is perfectly fine because I had hooked it up to my laptop.

What kind of video card is it?

Is the video card fully seated in it's slot?

Does it have 6 or 8 pin auxillary power ports and if so are they plugged in?

What is your motherboard?

Do you have another video card? If so take out the new video card and replace it with the known good one and see what happens.
m
l
July 22, 2012 3:01:00 AM

Also, could the fan on the GPU be clogged? You may have some dust in the fan or a wire blocking it...or it may be shorting out if it isnt locked into the slot.
m
l
!