Need help picking a PSU

Hi guys, I know little to nothing about computer builds but yet i find myself building my own lol
the one my friend helped me pick in my build was a - SeaSonic 560W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply -
but working out my money i wont have enough for that. Is there any cheaper ones that will fit my build ?

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD - 1TB HDD ( part from old computer i was told i could use )
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card
CASE - Antec 900 Advanced Gaming Case
CD/DVD - LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)

I have already bought the RAM and the Case.

Any suggestion would be REALLY helpful.
thanks in advance...
11 answers Last reply
More about need picking
  1. Seasonic isn't known for being the best bang for buck around though they're one of the best. This'll do: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016 And it's still a pretty solid PSU.
  2. May I suggest: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

    More than enough power for your machine and an insane deal right now for $22 after rebate. This is not cheap-o unit. If you're worried that you may upgrade your gpu later and need more power, at this price you can afford to buy a new one when you have the cash.

    Another steal (I am not a Newegg shill) and closer to your original choice:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151094

    The Antec is also good (made by Delta), but for $5 more, I'd take the Seasonic.
  3. 430w would be running it too tight for my taste, 450w being the minimum recommended by NVidia, not a good idea though the price is pretty good.

    The Seasonic is a good choice though.
  4. wiinippongamer said:
    Seasonic isn't known for being the best bang for buck around though they're one of the best. This'll do: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016 And it's still a pretty solid PSU.

    I am from the UK, newegg doesnt ship there :(
  5. Temile said:
    May I suggest: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

    More than enough power for your machine and an insane deal right now for $22 after rebate. This is not cheap-o unit. If you're worried that you may upgrade your gpu later and need more power, at this price you can afford to buy a new one when you have the cash.

    Another steal (I am not a Newegg shill) and closer to your original choice:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151094

    The Antec is also good (made by Delta), but for $5 more, I'd take the Seasonic.

    I am from the UK, newegg doesnt ship there :(
  6. DJDeCiBeL said:

    is there for around £50
  7. wiinippongamer said:
    430w would be running it too tight for my taste, 450w being the minimum recommended by NVidia, not a good idea though the price is pretty good.

    The Seasonic is a good choice though.


    I have a 2600k and a 560 448, so higher draw than the OPs proposed system, running on a 460w psu (a good Delta model). It never draws more than 300w from the wall, so maybe 270w from the psu. Manufacturers and calculators greatly overstate their power needs.
  8. I'm not as high on this unit but here we go. Xfx Pro 550w Power Supply Unit (core Edition) £50.27
  9. For about 56 pounds including VAT, there is the 520 watt Antec HCG-520 (Seasonic) Bronze certified.
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/520w-antec-high-current-gamer-hcg-520-88-eff-80-plus-bronze-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v23-psu

    For about 53-54 pounds including VAT, a Corsair CX600V2. I prefer the Antec HCG or XFX Core Edition Pro Series over Corsair Builder's Series.

    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/600w-corsair-builder-series-cmpsu-600cxv2uk-80-eff-80-plus-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v23-psu
  10. http://www.ebuyer.com/278634-corsair-500w-cx-v2-psu-cmpsu-500cxv2uk?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products

    That should do the trick, Although I think you would be better spending the extra £20 to get something with a bit more headroom for overclocking or future upgrades.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product