robotdino304

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2012
I am going to get my computer built for me. SO far here are my specs not sure what are my best options. I am ordering it tomorrow I dont feel like waiting for Ivy Bridge I dont see much of diference as long as I get the new motherboards that are out than I am set.

Intel Core I7 2600 or intel core 2550k which is better for gaming and whats your experience?

The new ASUS ASUS P8Z77-V LK (USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s) motherboard!!

60gb corsair ssd

750 watt PSU

8gb of Ram

for graphics cards I am stuck between
the

RADEON HD 7750
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
RADEON HD 7770

Ill be running on games on 32 inch monitor (1366 x 768)

I plan on playing all games that are out on high settings. BF3, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Arkem City

Definitely get the i5, although the i5-2500K is usually the better choice than the i5-2550K. The i7 costs a lot more and it offers no more performance, so for gaming it is just a waste of money.

Out of those three the 7770 is the better choice.

You do not need a 750W PSU for any of those cards, even if you were to Crossfire or SLI them, you still would not need a 750W PSU.
What PSU are you getting btw? You need to make sure you are getting a high quality unit.

The reason I said the i5-2500K is better than the i5-2550K is because it has integrated graphics and the i5-2550K doesn't. The reason one would want an iGPU is so that if something goes wrong with the dGPU you can still use your computer, even if you can't game on it.
You have to decide whether you want to pay extra for the i7 just to have that 'insurance policy'.

Yes the i7-2600 has the onboard GPU.
Yes the 7770 should work with your monitor and give very playable framerates at the resolution.
The 7770 comes with two Mini-DisplayPorts, an HDMI port and a Dual-Link DVI port, so hopefully your monitor has one of those types of connections. If not then you will have to use an adapter.