Desktop - Stop Snap of icons

November 1, 2004 12:33:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

How do you stop the desktop icons from snapping? I want to place them in
exact locations.
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 12:33:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Right click a blank spot on the Desktop, hover over "Arrange Icons By" so the fly out menu appears. Click on "Auto Arrange" to remove the checkmark next to it.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Windows VBScript Utilities » www.billsway.com/vbspage/
Windows Tweaks & Tips » www.billsway.com/notes_public/

"M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:%23B$MK$BwEHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> How do you stop the desktop icons from snapping? I want to place them in
> exact locations.

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 12:53:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I was looking in properties... desktop, apparance, themes Wouldn't be a
bad idea for MS to put them here also.

Thanks!!

"Bill James" <wgjames@mvps.org> wrote in message
Right click a blank spot on the Desktop, hover over "Arrange Icons By" so
the fly out menu appears. Click on "Auto Arrange" to remove the checkmark
next to it.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Windows VBScript Utilities » www.billsway.com/vbspage/
Windows Tweaks & Tips » www.billsway.com/notes_public/

"M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> How do you stop the desktop icons from snapping? I want to place them in
> exact locations.

Related resources
November 13, 2012 8:23:06 PM

141636,1,156481 said:
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

all you have to do is right click on an empty place, then go to view, then align icons to grid. If it is already not checked then you are good to go :)
November 17, 2012 7:40:42 PM

Quote:
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

How do you stop the desktop icons from snapping? I want to place them in
exact locations.

it's in the desktop line up icon, right on the DT & find in there u can chose not & then u can put them where ur want, note I made a hew folder on mind called it short cuts, then I put all the cuts in it cool ;)
!