Desktop - Stop Snap of icons

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

How do you stop the desktop icons from snapping? I want to place them in
exact locations.
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop stop snap icons
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Right click a blank spot on the Desktop, hover over "Arrange Icons By" so the fly out menu appears. Click on "Auto Arrange" to remove the checkmark next to it.

    --

    Bill James
    Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

    Windows VBScript Utilities » www.billsway.com/vbspage/
    Windows Tweaks & Tips » www.billsway.com/notes_public/

    "M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:%23B$MK$BwEHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > How do you stop the desktop icons from snapping? I want to place them in
    > exact locations.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I was looking in properties... desktop, apparance, themes Wouldn't be a
    bad idea for MS to put them here also.

    Thanks!!

    "Bill James" <wgjames@mvps.org> wrote in message
    Right click a blank spot on the Desktop, hover over "Arrange Icons By" so
    the fly out menu appears. Click on "Auto Arrange" to remove the checkmark
    next to it.

    --

    Bill James
    Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

    Windows VBScript Utilities » www.billsway.com/vbspage/
    Windows Tweaks & Tips » www.billsway.com/notes_public/

    "M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
    > How do you stop the desktop icons from snapping? I want to place them in
    > exact locations.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    all you have to do is right click on an empty place, then go to view, then align icons to grid. If it is already not checked then you are good to go :)
  4. Quote:
    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    How do you stop the desktop icons from snapping? I want to place them in
    exact locations.

    it's in the desktop line up icon, right on the DT & find in there u can chose not & then u can put them where ur want, note I made a hew folder on mind called it short cuts, then I put all the cuts in it cool ;)

Configuration Icons Desktops Microsoft Customization Desktop Icons Windows XP