Sign in with
Your question

How to connect wireless adapter to Verizon

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 30, 2011 1:58:31 AM

I am trying to get internet on my desktop. It has Windows XP. I have Verizon mobile hotspot (MiFi 4510L) and I just got a Netgear wireless adapter (N300). I did the Drive Stand Alone install but I still can't connect to Internet. Sue would appreciate some help
November 17, 2011 2:05:04 PM

hsandra said:
I am trying to get internet on my desktop. It has Windows XP. I have Verizon mobile hotspot (MiFi 4510L) and I just got a Netgear wireless adapter (N300). I did the Drive Stand Alone install but I still can't connect to Internet. Sue would appreciate some help

I too am having the same issue with Netgear. Verizon is no help because they say it is the adapter. I believe there is an issue with the new 4g MiFi.
m
l
November 17, 2011 2:06:17 PM

I am having the same issues with the Netgear and Verizon says they think it is a faulty adapter. I have 2 adapters just alike and still cannot connect to the MiFi.
m
l
Related resources
July 11, 2012 3:40:11 PM

I too am having the same issues.
I am taking my netgear back to the Shack!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too much trouble

Exactimator
m
l
July 11, 2012 3:41:27 PM

Did you ever get your issue figured out?
m
l
August 4, 2012 2:26:28 AM

I have a Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter connected to my desktop. I also have a Verizon MiFi 450L which connects me to the internet, with Windows XP.

The speed is no better than dialup.

So, I purchased a Netgear Universal WiFi Range Extender. I had to have a Netgear tech call me to get all three to work together.

But, I then suffered a power outage.

So, now all three are no longer working together and neither is any cooperation from Netgear. :fou: 

The two Netgear items state that the speed in in the 100+ Mbps range, but the Verizon MiFi gets kicked off of the internet when I try to use all three. So I have the speed, but the MiFi says that I am not connected to the internet. Go figure. :pt1cable: 

I wish I would have done more research as Netgear is not geared to be user friendly.

m
l
!