How to get to cmos battery on sony vaio labtop?

most of them are actually soldered into the motherboard. every vio i have opend has had the battery in a heat shrink sleeve with 2 wires coming out to the +/- connector.
90% of the time you have to take the whole back off to get to the battery. they do this on purpose so the bios cannot be cleared easily by a thief who could remove the battery to get past the owners password.

if you want to replace a battery which is unlikely as they last for 7-10 years on the vio you have to take it to a shop where they can replace it professionally. you can take the lappy to the same place and they will reset the bios for you at less cost than removing the battery.

jake_larkee

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

So thats my only option? Also there is this 1 time password thing i get when I enter in the bios pw 3 time incorrectly. whats that?

if you get the password wrong 3 times the lappy locks up semi permanently. you will defiantly have to take it to a shop then. taking it to a shop is the best idea. your then covered if something gets broken which is easy to do when dismantling a laptop.. well more to the point when you put it back together theres always a chance of a crimped ribbon or similar which will render it useless.
also if you still have the reciept the shop owner wont give you any funny looks when you hand it over for repair.

jake_larkee

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

How much would that cost?

jake_larkee

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

I disconneted that for about 10 seconds and put it back, but when I started up the computer the bios password was still there.