Extreamely slow bootup/response time on a new build

_tom

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong section.. I didn't know which section to put this in.

Running 2500k, gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3, corsair ax750w psu, 16gb xmp3 from corsair, 2x4gb and a 1tb western digital 7200 rpm hd.

Fresh new build, things were working fine until I decided to run windows memory diagnostic tool and that is when the problems started (Although that most likely isn't the cause of the problem, I thought it was worth mentioning) boot up times and response time are extreamely laggy; to the point where sometimes even calculator is "not responding".

After this I decided to reformat, which was also laggy (as in clicking next and stuff would have a 5-10 second delay)

I've tried reseatting ram

Tried putting in different slots than the Dual channel

Tried running one stick of ram (did for both sticks) and it did boot windows faster than it is with both sticks, but after it would lag really bad (pressing start menu and stuff)

After doing the above literally all day, I tried to wait it out and try memtest86+ which reported no errors.

Then I tried to install Windows on a second 1tb (also new) hard drive and the install process was still really laggy (laggy as in response time from clicking next and typing in my name and stuff.

Does this sound like a ram issue or hard drive issue? I'm really lost as to what is causing this... Even if it was a hd issue, what are the chances of 2 new 1tb hard drives having errors..?

_tom

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

The ram is in dual channel mode. I've tried putting it in another channel (other 2 slots?), same problem.
As far as sata modes, I'm not sure (newbie here) but it is plugged into sata port 1(top white one in this Pic)

My dvd writer is plugged into port 0 (the lower white one)

TRENDING THREADS