Why is my computer keeps saying security breach on win 7

LROD369

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Hello, my computer is protected by microsoft essentials security. A virus popped up and I did a scan 3x and its reporting my computer being protected. But I keep getting pop ups from win 7 antispyware 2012 saying there are dangerous threats on my computer. Can someone please help.

windows 7 antispyware 2012 IS a virus/malware. its a fake virus program that you apparently installed.

you can try malwarebytes antimalware in safe mode to try and remove it, or Google for "remove windows 7 antispyware 2012". if you know someone who's good with computers they may be able to help. Or you can reinstall windows/do a factory restore.

Someone else may be able to help more, but to be honest these programs do lots of damage and install lots of other junk. And when I deal with removing them I really have to be sitting in front of the computer, its never something I can walk someone who would install it in the first place through over the phone, let alone in a forum.

LROD369

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

Thank you very much for all your advice. I will work on that right now.

Ill check back in if you get stuck. My real concern is the damage they do opens you up to a lot of other bad stuff since they usually cripple antivirus and windows updates. It can quickly get beyond the scope of just removing this one program with the instructions in the link. And they can always change the program so the instructions don't work exactly right.

usually its a flashing box in your web browser that says "your computer might be infected" or something like that and clicking on it runs a fake scan and tricks you into installing it to "fix" the problem. if your on a bad site and your computer isn't fully updated it can happen without you even clicking on anything.

mycleanpc.com, finallyfast.com and others do similar stuff. just remember that nothing in your web browser can actually detect a problem or scan or fix your computer. if it says it can, its lying.

LROD369

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

All done. The Win 7 ... is no longer on my computer nor is there any pop ups. I uninstalled malwarebytes because i didnt opt for the purchased antimalware. Bleepingcomputer which comes up as pctools is still on my computer and says that it can run in conjunction with the microsoft essential...

I sincerely thank you very much. I am happy to see I am not the only one who doesn't sleep. :+)