July 23, 2012 1:57:08 AM

rolli59 said:
And you did unplug the PSU?

Its a laptop
Score
July 23, 2012 2:18:25 AM

jake_larkee said:
Its a laptop

so? Did you unplug it or not lol? Remove the battery. Etc.

laptop BIOS do not really have any options. Besides the passwords. Which raises the question of why are you trying to reset it? If it's to get around someones password you are SOL, it's stored in the flash.

Score
July 23, 2012 2:19:16 AM

Did you make sure the power cord and main battery were disconnected?
Score
July 23, 2012 2:31:25 AM

Main and Battery out!
Score
July 23, 2012 2:35:42 AM

Of course I made sure those were disconnected! lol My friend set a blank bios pw and now he is locked out of his computer because he set it to require pw to boot.
Score
July 23, 2012 2:50:05 AM

unksol said:
so? Did you unplug it or not lol? Remove the battery. Etc.

laptop BIOS do not really have any options. Besides the passwords. Which raises the question of why are you trying to reset it? If it's to get around someones password you are SOL, it's stored in the flash.

The bios pw is stored in flash?
Score
July 23, 2012 3:32:20 AM

jake_larkee said:
The bios pw is stored in flash?

According to Toms sticky.
www.tomshardware.com/forum/64241-35-locked-laptop

Which makes sense. If it's a blank password enter the password (blank)? if it doesn't work/he doesn't know it then help bypassing passwords/security is against forum rules as we can't verify ownership. He needs to contact the manufacturer
Score
July 23, 2012 3:40:07 AM

unksol said:
According to Toms sticky.
www.tomshardware.com/forum/64241-35-locked-laptop

Which makes sense. If it's a blank password enter the password (blank)? if it doesn't work/he doesn't know it then help bypassing passwords/security is against forum rules as we can't verify ownership. He needs to contact the manufacturer

He claims he set the new password as blank, as in he just pressed enter twice, but when we just press enter to get passed it says invalid.
Score
July 23, 2012 3:46:34 AM

jake_larkee said:
He claims he set the new password as blank, as in he just pressed enter twice, but when we just press enter to get passed it says invalid.

he? Who's he? I told you in the last thread that you started about this that it wouldn't work because the password is not stored in NVRAM otherwise everyone would be doing it.
Score
July 23, 2012 3:48:54 AM

Pinhedd said:
he? Who's he? I told you in the last thread that you started about this that it wouldn't work because the password is not stored in NVRAM otherwise everyone would be doing it.

My friend who I'm trying to help. Just tell me what I have to do, Send to manufacturer?
Score
July 23, 2012 3:50:38 AM

jake_larkee said:
My friend who I'm trying to help. Just tell me what I have to do, Send to manufacturer?

We can't help you bypass passwords, no exceptions. Those are the forum rules and you should know that by now.
Score
July 23, 2012 3:52:18 AM

Pinhedd said:
We can't help you bypass passwords, no exceptions. Those are the forum rules and you should know that by now.

That's fine, Can you at least tell me if the manufacturer will be able to do it? I was just hoping I could fix it without having to go through all that.
Score
July 23, 2012 3:55:41 AM

jake_larkee said:
That's fine, Can you at least tell me if the manufacturer will be able to do it? I was just hoping I could fix it without having to go through all that.

Possibly. They may not do it for free though and you will have to provide proof of purchase. This is the only thing I can recommend, for all other information please see this thread

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/64241-35-locked-lapto...
Score

Best solution

July 23, 2012 3:56:30 AM

jake_larkee said:

You have to ask the manufacturer. We don't work for them. At least I am sure not all of them lol. Only manufacture support can tell you what will be required at this point. I suggest he dig out his receipt
July 23, 2012 7:07:02 AM

Best answer selected by Pyree.
Score
July 23, 2012 7:07:07 AM

This topic has been closed by Pyree
Score
!