Problem recovering XBox Live account

I am having a peculiar problem. After unsuccessfully connecting to
XBox live (I had the line attached directly to the XBox when I
subscribed, but have since attached it to a router), I went ahead
and deleted the info from my XBox (I had tried Account Recovery
but the problem was getting my router to recognize my XBox)
and fixed the problem (needed new line), but now I can't seem
to recover my account. All the info is correct, but it has a
problem with the gamertag. I am fairly certain that I am typing it
in correctly, but I want to find out how I can double-check the
info (I've been to XBox Live website, but found no info on how to
go about doing this). Any help on the matter would be appreciated.
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about problem recovering xbox live account

    Relic wrote:
    > I am having a peculiar problem. After unsuccessfully connecting to
    > XBox live (I had the line attached directly to the XBox when I
    > subscribed, but have since attached it to a router), I went ahead
    > and deleted the info from my XBox (I had tried Account Recovery
    > but the problem was getting my router to recognize my XBox)
    > and fixed the problem (needed new line), but now I can't seem
    > to recover my account. All the info is correct, but it has a
    > problem with the gamertag. I am fairly certain that I am typing it
    > in correctly, but I want to find out how I can double-check the
    > info (I've been to XBox Live website, but found no info on how to
    > go about doing this). Any help on the matter would be appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    Call support; when things with the account get confused, you can end up
    chasing your tail. Support has been extremely helpful and fast on my
    account recovery problems.

    * Relic wrote in alt.games.video.xbox:
    > I am having a peculiar problem. After unsuccessfully connecting to
    > XBox live (I had the line attached directly to the XBox when I
    > subscribed, but have since attached it to a router), I went ahead
    > and deleted the info from my XBox (I had tried Account Recovery
    > but the problem was getting my router to recognize my XBox)
    > and fixed the problem (needed new line), but now I can't seem
    > to recover my account. All the info is correct, but it has a
    > problem with the gamertag. I am fairly certain that I am typing it
    > in correctly, but I want to find out how I can double-check the
    > info (I've been to XBox Live website, but found no info on how to
    > go about doing this). Any help on the matter would be appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    Try logging in to your gamer tag at xbox.com and see how they display
    it. I believe it is case sensitive.
    --
    David
    Put a rogue in the limelight and he will act like an honest man.

    Relic wrote:
    > I am having a peculiar problem. After unsuccessfully connecting to
    > XBox live (I had the line attached directly to the XBox when I
    > subscribed, but have since attached it to a router), I went ahead
    > and deleted the info from my XBox (I had tried Account Recovery
    > but the problem was getting my router to recognize my XBox)
    > and fixed the problem (needed new line), but now I can't seem
    > to recover my account. All the info is correct, but it has a
    > problem with the gamertag. I am fairly certain that I am typing it
    > in correctly, but I want to find out how I can double-check the
    > info (I've been to XBox Live website, but found no info on how to
    > go about doing this). Any help on the matter would be appreciated.
    > Thanks.
    Thanks for the advice; I went to the website, but all it had was
    my e-mail (which wasn't it). I think I am typing what I believe it
    to be correctly, but I get an error that says gamertags have to begin
    with a letter (upper or lower-case), which it does. I think
    I will go ahead and call their phone and see if they will do something
    about it. Again, thanks for the advice.

Console Gaming Routers Xbox Live Xbox Video Games