Best full ATX tower.

CaptainJ4ck

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I have been planning on building my first rig for a while now, I have selected most of the components except for the case.

I have only a few requirements
Full ATX
Bottom mounted PSU
USB 3.0 front panel ports
Big enough to accommodate my Zalman cnps9900MAX
Big enough for my 2 HIS IceQ 7870 in crossfire
Fans that use universal sizes, so I can easily upgrade them to a higher quality
Good cable management/routing

Beyond that, I just want a nice looking case that keeps my hardware super cool. To give you an idea of what I am looking for, I or iginally chose the AZZA Hurican 2000. It has the futuristic look I want, it has the few features I was looking for, and it came with 8 stock fans, and room for 1 more. However, after further research into the case I found that the stock fans were rather terrible and the 230mm fans on the case were of an irregular size that did not lend themselves to easy replacement by non AZZA fans. The few fans I did find, that someone managed to get working in the case were of limited selection and near fits at best.

CM haf's, Antec twelve-hundred/DF-85 all have a similar look which I frankly find ugly Keeping in mind that a cool system is my top priority, and I am more than willing to install additional fans if possible what case would you recommend, or should I bite my tounge and go with an AZZA Hurican, or a cm haf/Antec... Also if there is a mid tower that you think I would love, let me know!

Thanks in advance!

CaptainJ4ck

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I am not sure why the 800D and the cosmos are so expensive, as of now I can't justify dropping that much on those cases unless Im missing something.

As I said, I don't really like the look of the Haf X, the rosewill Thor is similar looking besides the top panel which I like, I'm not sure it has the best cooling though.

I understand what you are saying about looks, but it is frustrating to find something that looks good yet has crucial issues with it.

foshizz

Honorable
May 3, 2012
+1 haf x.

People are generally very happy with it. It's HUGE, room for plenty plus more. Plus since its a haf it will keep your hardware cool. Plus IT also looks cool. Not a bad combo.

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

The Corsair Carbide Series 500R http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Carbide-Micro-Tower-White/dp/B005E97ZUU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358805197&sr=8-2 or the cheaper version which is just as good http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Carbide-Series-Mid-Tower-Gaming/dp/B0055Q7BR4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358805252&sr=8-3 . Cable management is brilliant with the carbide series. The separate removable panel at the top is brilliant for putting a radiator. The thumb screws on the side panels stay on the case when loosened so no more dropping them. You can take out the drive bays with thumb screws easilly also.