Budget Range: (1000-1300) Before Rebates, unless they are mail in checks

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming,Watching movies online, Work

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, Optical Drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, Amazon.com

Parts Preferences: CoolerMaster Cases, Intel CPU

Overclocking: Yes, eventually

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe later on if the bugs associated with it are fixed

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: I would prefer a full tower case if it fits my budget. The motherboard must have 2 PCI-E 3.0 slots. I would like to keep my components under 70C if possible and would like a recommendation based on that. Please tell me if anything is overpowered or better possible combinations. :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PARTS

Processor- i5-2500k

Motherboard- ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard Any better suggestions?

CPU Cooler- CoolerMaster Hyper 212+

Memory- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Graphics- SAPPHIRE 11196-02-40G Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (OC Version) Is this enough to play BF 3 on max graphics at my resolution? If so, should I have gotten the Gigabyte version with 3 fans?

Hard Drive- Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Is there anything with better reviews at this price range that is 6 gb\s and has 500+ GB of storage? Or maybe something I little slower but with more storage?

Case- CoolerMaster HAF 932 Is this enough to keep my components under 70c at full load during long gaming sessions? If so is there something cheaper that can I can get away with for a couple years?

Power Supply- CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply Will this be enough to power this build? I will switch it out if I decide to crossfire/SLI in the future

Thanks in advance! :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1300 gaming
  1. You should stick with your original post no need to have 2 threads on the same topic. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/341930-31-help-1300-dollar-build
  2. Good choices, if you plan on doing Sli in the future, why not take care of the power needs now? Step up to the Corsair TX750 v2 today, and that will take care of you tomorrow. Its only 15 dollars more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021
  3. Best answer
    Everything looks good.

Unless your an AMD guy all the way I'd spend $30 more for a GTX 680. You'll gain better than 7970 performance for $30 more. Just pick any available at the $499.99 (EVGA, ASUS, PNY, Gigabyte, MSI... all decent brands I've used and trust). If you check the benchmarks, you'll see a single 680 will keep you over the 60fps with full details and 4xMSAA:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-680-review-benchmark,3161-8.html

I'd also go for a WD drive for $25 more:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136795

I've never had a WD drive fail. I'm a pretty loyal purchaser of their mechanical drives for that reason.

That's a really good case. An HAF 912 is even a decent case if you're looking to save some bucks on the case. It has great airflow, though it's quite a bit smaller. If you're not going for a rig with a ton of drives in it, it's more than sufficient.

RAM is almost a commodity lately. Others may disagree, but it seems most manufacturers have good products.
  4. I initially was ready to purchase the HAF 912,but then thought that it might not have good enough airflow... I will purchase the GTX 680 though. And sorry for not sticking to my original thread, but I thought I wasn't clear enough in my original post in that thread.
  5. Best answer selected by sbpenguin.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product