Budget Range: (1000-1300) Before Rebates, unless they are mail in checks

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming,Watching movies online, Work

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, Optical Drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, Amazon.com

Parts Preferences: CoolerMaster Cases, Intel CPU

Overclocking: Yes, eventually

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe later on if the bugs associated with it are fixed

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: I would prefer a full tower case if it fits my budget. The motherboard must have 2 PCI-E 3.0 slots. I would like to keep my components under 70C if possible and would like a recommendation based on that. Please tell me if anything is overpowered or better possible combinations. :wahoo:  :wahoo:  :wahoo: 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PARTS

Processor- i5-2500k

Motherboard- ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard Any better suggestions?

CPU Cooler- CoolerMaster Hyper 212+

Memory- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Graphics- SAPPHIRE 11196-02-40G Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (OC Version) Is this enough to play BF 3 on max graphics at my resolution? If so, should I have gotten the Gigabyte version with 3 fans?

Hard Drive- Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Is there anything with better reviews at this price range that is 6 gb\s and has 500+ GB of storage? Or maybe something I little slower but with more storage?

Case- CoolerMaster HAF 932 Is this enough to keep my components under 70c at full load during long gaming sessions? If so is there something cheaper that can I can get away with for a couple years?

Power Supply- CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply Will this be enough to power this build? I will switch it out if I decide to crossfire/SLI in the future

Thanks in advance! :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 

More about : 1300 gaming rig

Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
April 9, 2012 8:00:30 PM

Everything looks good.

Unless your an AMD guy all the way I'd spend $30 more for a GTX 680. You'll gain better than 7970 performance for $30 more. Just pick any available at the $499.99 (EVGA, ASUS, PNY, Gigabyte, MSI... all decent brands I've used and trust). If you check the benchmarks, you'll see a single 680 will keep you over the 60fps with full details and 4xMSAA:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-680-rev...

I'd also go for a WD drive for $25 more:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I've never had a WD drive fail. I'm a pretty loyal purchaser of their mechanical drives for that reason.

That's a really good case. An HAF 912 is even a decent case if you're looking to save some bucks on the case. It has great airflow, though it's quite a bit smaller. If you're not going for a rig with a ton of drives in it, it's more than sufficient.

RAM is almost a commodity lately. Others may disagree, but it seems most manufacturers have good products.
April 9, 2012 8:23:04 PM

I initially was ready to purchase the HAF 912,but then thought that it might not have good enough airflow... I will purchase the GTX 680 though. And sorry for not sticking to my original thread, but I thought I wasn't clear enough in my original post in that thread.
April 9, 2012 8:23:28 PM

Best answer selected by sbpenguin.
!