Sign in with
Your question

$1.500 Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
April 9, 2012 7:42:42 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: May/June.

Budget Range: $1400-1500.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Watching HD content, Web browsing.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers. I also don´t require a large Hard drive, 500gb is more than enough for now. Also is a CD/DVD Burner/Drive necessary if I am going to buy all my games and content online? I´d rather buy a better case or more RAM than to put something I won´t have any use for. I will in the future for sure but now I would like to focus on performance.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No preference.

Parts Preferences: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz 32nm 6MB Quad-Core and GeForce GTX 570 GDDR5. Mainly building this rig to play Skyrim on Ultra Detail, 16x AF, 4x AA, 4x TrSSAA/Adaptive 1920x1080.

Overclocking: Maybe.

SLI or Crossfire: Yes, in the future but just have enough money for one graphics card atm.

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080.

Additional Comments: Mainly building to max Skyrim with 30-50ish FPS. I´m curious how much harder it is to play the game with the superior graphics mod they have released for the game. I would also like to play other games at high settings but Skyrim is the goal. This will be my first PC I have not bought already assembled so I don´t know anything about which PSU to choose or how much RAM I´ll need or what case I should get etc. I read the Skyrim benchmarking on this site and saw that the GTX 570 and the Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz handled it pretty well so it seems like a logical choice. I would very much like a quiet pc.

Thanks for any help you can provide :) 

More about : 500 gaming

April 9, 2012 8:43:53 PM

Do you have a link to any sites that ship to Iceland?
m
l
April 9, 2012 8:45:09 PM

Why_Me said:
Do you have a link to any sites that ship to Iceland?

Yeah we can't exactly link to Newegg and then expect that they can ship to Iceland. :lol: 
m
l
April 9, 2012 9:00:27 PM

If prices are similar to the USA then a $1500 build can support the new GTX680 graphics card.

There's a new i5-3xxxK CPU coming soon that's likely worth waiting for. It should be under $250 and perform much better than the i5-2500K.

I can help more but I don't know about pricing etc for Iceland.
m
l
!